cv91915

Chase UR -> Hyatt Transfer Questions | Hotel Stay for Someone Else

Am I taking an unnecessary risk if I try to transfer some of MY Ultimate Rewards points to MY MOTHER'S Hyatt account?  

There's a one-night hotel booking I'd like to do for her that requires only 8,000 Hyatt points for a stay that's > $260 with tax.  (She has an overnight stay at DFW and insists on staying at one of the on-site airport hotels, both of which are Hyatts.)

Alternately I could book the night with my Hyatt account and add her name to the reservation, but I've read recently that Hyatt is cracking down on this.

You can't transfer with mismatching names.

Option A: transfer UR-UR to her, then her UR to her Hyatt.

Option B: Add her as an AU on your UR account and transfer to her Hyatt (can only do this to one person ever)

Option C: Add her as a second guest, which should be no problem, especially with matching last names.

But the best option would be if you are a Globalist member you can book her a Guest of Honor booking in her name.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, davidrotts said:

You can't transfer with mismatching names.

Option A: transfer UR-UR to her, then her UR to her Hyatt.  She has a Freedom Unlimited, so this isn't an option.   I should have mentioned this.

Option B: Add her as an AU on your UR account and transfer to her Hyatt (can only do this to one person ever).  Not worth a $75 AU fee on my Reserve.

Option 😄 Add her as a second guest, which should be no problem, especially with matching last names.

But the best option would be if you are a Globalist member you can book her a Guest of Honor booking in her name.  I don't have status with Hyatt.  

Thanks for the suggestions.

I guess I'm left with adding her as a second guest.  I didn't see how this was possible while making a reservation online.  

Do I need to book the room in my name, and then call and add her to the reservation?

Edited by cv91915

Thanks for the suggestions.

I guess I'm left with adding her as a second guest.  I didn't see how this was possible while making a reservation online.  

Do I need to book the room in my name, and then call and add her to the reservation?
Correct you'd have to call after booking.

28 minutes ago, davidrotts said:

Correct you'd have to call after booking.

Thank you.

Thank you.

I missed your replies in the earlier post. 

You can theoretically upgrade he Freedom, and downgrade after transfering.

Or add an AU and close within 30 days for an AF refund. (And get her a Priority Pass for this trip as well if she doesn't have yet)

6 hours ago, davidrotts said:

I missed your replies in the earlier post. 

You can theoretically upgrade he Freedom, and downgrade after transfering.

Or add an AU and close within 30 days for an AF refund. (And get her a Priority Pass for this trip as well if she doesn't have yet)

Thank you again.  

If you want no risk. Transfer your UR to your Hyatt account. Transfer your Hyatt to her Hyatt.

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines