Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

ASCENDIUM EDUCATION ON CR? ANYONE? PLEASE READ.

Has anyone heard of these a-holes? Ascendium Education Group Inc. They appeared on my credit on 1/1/2019 saying I have accounts in collections with them. I don't. Dropped my credit score down 138 points with EQ and from 78 points w/ TU. What seems to be happening is they are re-opening defaulted student loans old/closed/charged off accounts again with fake dates opened and saying they are in collection status. Some starting accounts before we were even born (I've seen 1969). I saw other reviews about this company via google and people going through the same thing. I did some research and they are taking the place of Great Lakes or USA Funds (for student loan holders). They are a brand new entity under Great Lakes and popped up at the end of 2018. Should I just report it via each credit bureau or credit karma or something? This cannot be legal. Is anyone else having similar issues? Or has anyone dealt with them? Thank you so much for reading.

The exact same thing happened to me! I disputed the collections on my credit report and I am awaiting response to the dispute. Recently, I received a letter from them stating that my loans will be rehabilitated...however the loan amount stated on the letter is 2x the amount of student loans that I owe!!! I am so confused and do not know what to do! Have you had any success figuring this out?

On 2/2/2019 at 6:58 AM, chantillylace12 said:

The exact same thing happened to me! I disputed the collections on my credit report and I am awaiting response to the dispute. Recently, I received a letter from them stating that my loans will be rehabilitated...however the loan amount stated on the letter is 2x the amount of student loans that I owe!!! I am so confused and do not know what to do! Have you had any success figuring this out?

No update yet. I disputed w/ the CRAs and I am waiting a response.

On 2/4/2019 at 9:48 AM, Coll567e said:

No update yet. I disputed w/ the CRAs and I am waiting a response.

My Credit Karma updated today and it showed the Acendium accounts were removed from my credit reports. Hope things work out for you as well! 

On 1/29/2020 at 3:26 PM, Coll567e said:

I disputed them with the credit bureaus directly and they removed them :D I recommend doing this.

Great for you! I’ve disputed with the credit bureaus and no budge — I pay Dept of edu directly so I don’t understand this listing.  Can you offer insight to get this off? What did your letter say? Pls help — thanks. 

Yeah I reported mine through one of the agencies. But clearly their people aren't the best. I know what my balance is and I also go through the Dept of the edu when possible. I'll be trying different services for this as well.

So I just realized something. I stumbled across a letter from them dated jan 15 2020. They're under Radius Global Solutions. In the beginning of December 2019 they harassed a previous employer of mine. I wasn't even working for him at the time. One of their people claimed to be the IRS. Multiple times. The person was stupid enough to call me and give me her name. And it clicked. I called the number and verified the person worked at Radius Global Solutions. Talked to the persons supervisor. And they tried to pick info from me etc. I told her I had proof and witnesses to this. I thought they had listened. Clearly they didn't. So guess it's time for me to contact the IRS and to get lawyers.

I disputed them with the credit bureaus directly and they removed them :D I recommend doing this.

They showed up on my credit recently as well. Did you mail the credit bureaus and ask them to remove them, was there a particular letter you used, or did you call them, or completed the dispute on line? 

@Coll567e  did you use specific verbiage in your dispute... I sent a DV to Ascedium and no response, I disputed directly with CRA - response is still remains. 

@Coll567e  did you use specific verbiage in your dispute... I sent a DV to Ascedium and no response, I disputed directly with CRA - response is still remains.

I would go to the NSLDS and see what's listed with respect to amounts/transfers etc.

Just getting them off your CR is not enough. Student loan servicers can garnish without a judgment and file tax liens so it's important to have the whole story before you go any further.

I know, first hand, how frustrating this is as I went down this road very early on. I'm definitely not a SL guru but fortunately, there are others on here that are experts.