Coll567e

ASCENDIUM EDUCATION ON CR? ANYONE? PLEASE READ.

Has anyone heard of these a-holes? Ascendium Education Group Inc. They appeared on my credit on 1/1/2019 saying I have accounts in collections with them. I don't. Dropped my credit score down 138 points with EQ and from 78 points w/ TU. What seems to be happening is they are re-opening defaulted student loans old/closed/charged off accounts again with fake dates opened and saying they are in collection status. Some starting accounts before we were even born (I've seen 1969). I saw other reviews about this company via google and people going through the same thing. I did some research and they are taking the place of Great Lakes or USA Funds (for student loan holders). They are a brand new entity under Great Lakes and popped up at the end of 2018. Should I just report it via each credit bureau or credit karma or something? This cannot be legal. Is anyone else having similar issues? Or has anyone dealt with them? Thank you so much for reading.

The exact same thing happened to me! I disputed the collections on my credit report and I am awaiting response to the dispute. Recently, I received a letter from them stating that my loans will be rehabilitated...however the loan amount stated on the letter is 2x the amount of student loans that I owe!!! I am so confused and do not know what to do! Have you had any success figuring this out?

On 2/2/2019 at 6:58 AM, chantillylace12 said:

The exact same thing happened to me! I disputed the collections on my credit report and I am awaiting response to the dispute. Recently, I received a letter from them stating that my loans will be rehabilitated...however the loan amount stated on the letter is 2x the amount of student loans that I owe!!! I am so confused and do not know what to do! Have you had any success figuring this out?

No update yet. I disputed w/ the CRAs and I am waiting a response.

On 2/4/2019 at 9:48 AM, Coll567e said:

No update yet. I disputed w/ the CRAs and I am waiting a response.

My Credit Karma updated today and it showed the Acendium accounts were removed from my credit reports. Hope things work out for you as well!