Kat58

Air Optix Night & Day Contact Lenses

Anyone wear these or have tried them? And if so, did your OD give you grief about sleeping in them even though they are FDA-approved for daily wear and up to 30 nights of continuous wear?

I have an eye check appointment on Tuesday. Depending on the outcome, I'm seriously considering purchasing my contacts from here. No Rx necessary and can choose the contact brand/type I prefer 👍

Prices are comparable to the U.S.

I have been wearing contacts since 1972.  Air Optic was my last brand,  I would wear them about 3 months before changing them out for another pair.   I never took them out except to change them.   My eye doctor never fussed too much at me.

Thanks, Marv :)

I was doing the EXACT same thing previously with no issues whatsoever. My last exam (~6 yrs ago) the new OD asked me about my contact routine. I told her I slept in them occasionally (which was a lie) and she went bat sh!t crazy on me. She refused to prescribe me the same contacts and would not give me a reason why. Was using Acuvue Advance at the time... they were Great! She prescribed a different brand/type (can't remember what they were) and they SUCKED! Anyway, when those ran out I bought reading glasses instead because I didn't want to go through that crap again.

Well, now there's a new OD and I'm going to try again. I HATE WEARING GLASSES!

From my research, I found out that the Acuvue Oasys (2 weekers) are the 'upgrade' of the Acuvue Advance. They have 72% more oxygen permeability (Dk/t), which is a good thing. Plus, I like the '123' engraved on them so you know 100% that they are not going in backa$$wards. They sound like a winner to me.

I've always worn mine forever, except when they were glass. I got a new script this last time and use Bausch extended wear. LOL. I always sleep in mine. The Dr fusses at me. So I just get the script and order online.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk on a beach far far away.

LOL^^^ I personally think it's a scam ($$$). I've never met anyone who chunks them when you're supposed to. I'm sure there are some people out there that can't do this because they have super-sensitive eyes or something. Seems like common sense to me. If your eyes start bothering you, take them out 🙄

I actually ended up with damage to my eyes from sleeping in them when I wasn't supposed to, or keeping in them longer than I was supposed to.  I can't remember, it's been a while.  But two different docs told me that I needed to break from contacts for at least a year before I could go back.  Something about growing new capillaries as the ones there weren't getting enough oxygen.  This was, of course, years ago - maybe 10? - and there are new technologies out. Once I was able to go back to contacts, I followed the rules.

Then I got Lasik and it didn't matter.

Then I got old and my arms aren't long enough any more, so I have readers for reading and the computer.  Everything else is still 20/25 vision.

2 hours ago, Pam said:

Then I got old and my arms aren't long enough any more, so I have readers for reading and the computer.  Everything else is still 20/25 vision.

Yeah... the older/blinder you get, the harder it is to tweak the contacts strength. I started out with +3/+2 monovision contacts that worked beautifully... at every range. Now I'm at +5/+3.25 and I have great vision at 13 inches and across the interstate. Everything in between is fuzzy :(. I found a halfasss sweet-spot by knocking down the +5 to a +4, for reading expiration dates and viewing my computer. Going to try a multifocal contact for near eye only, this Friday (will be my 4th trip to the OD, so far). What a pain.