Sign in to follow this  
Burgerwars

"To Catch a Predator" Host, Chris Hansen, Caught Himself

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6604769/Chris-Hansen-owes-250-000-taxes-60-000-American-Express-1-million-mortgage.html

Apparently he also is not so popular with his Kickstarter supporters in comments section:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1606694156/hansen-vs-predator/comments

Might be a case of public persona and real world behavior not being the same. 

I'm surprised. Had no idea he had fallen into hard times. I recall seeing a couple of his TCAP shows which were interesting for the novelty. Kind of hard to sustain them I suspect, with the story being pretty constant. Creeps are going to be creeps. Duh.

Seems he developed a lifestyle during TCAP he couldn't sustain after the show closed. Too bad, so sad.

There was some incident where one of the TCAP suspects they were chasing who didn't show up at the house committed suicide, resulting in NBC settling a lawsuit. I'm unsure of all the reasons NBC distanced itself from Chris Hansen, but they produced no more shows.

I've watched quite a few. They're on YouTube. But they're repetitive. Same thing, different suspect. After you watched some, you know what's going to happen.

Edited by Burgerwars

At the end of the day, pedophiles are just gross, any way you look at it.

Other crime shows like those about someone who murdered his wife can get some of the audience thinking that well maybe she deserved it.

Edited by mk_378