Sign in to follow this  
bleutatoo

Los Angeles Based Banks no EWS

If in California if you are in Los Angeles I hope that you are not pounded by the rain too much!

I have a question, does anyone know for certain what local local banks DO NOT use EWS within the Los Angeles basin?  I checked my chysystem report and it it clean, however, Kinecta put my account on EWS and has not removed it even thought they removed the Chexsystems.  I have tried everything to get them to remove this entry.  However, it has been a battle with the Credit Union.  I have had to fight and claw my way to get anything accomplished with this credit union.  I don’t know if it is because the staff is young and has had no manager for months — which I tend to think since they try.  However, there is no one more senior they can speak with and I has help hostage with a woman whom called me a suspect after I had fraud on my account!

I would try Bank of the West, Comerica or Union Bank.. I don't believe they use EWS and are based in L.A. - Most of the other big guys in the L.A. area like BofA, US Bank, Chase, Wells Fargo.. are EWS and Chex both or exclusively EWS... my first choice would be Bank of the West just by personal experience they don't use EWS and an educated guess on the other two. 

If there was fraud on your account through your credit union, write EWS and instead of a 'dispute' ..research 'suppression' .. and force them to suppress the invalid data on your EWS report. If it is not yours, fight it! 

Wells Fargo doesn't use Chex, but they do use EWS- however they have known to be very forgiving lately even those with EWS records, such as myself.  They are a bit eager to get new customers.  Now it is possible they could deny for your EWS record is too recent with its unpaid status.

However, I would give them a try, nothing to lose by applying. Let us know if it works.

Thank you for all of your help!  Unfortunately, I was rejected from EWS.  Kinecta reported me for fraud on Chexsystems and when I challenged them in person they removed it from Chexsystems since it was fraud.  But, they did not remove it from EWS.  I have had such bad luck with Kinecta Federal Union that I need to get another bank.  

Thank you!!

Just a heads up, I opened an account at union bank in marina del Rey, yhey are lovely there, nothing on Chex but I still can’t get Kinecta to remove from EWS so it was cancelled about 5 days later.

Thanks for the update. Do you need additional referrals?

Note: The negative entry on EWS stays on the report for five years.

Is the information fully accurate?

I had no idea Union Bank used EWS, hence why I said it was an educated guess. I don't know what Bank of the West's footprint is like in LA but recently when I had their account before moving, they did chex only. Be sure when applying for accounts to specifically ask who they pull - it is your right as a consumer to know. 

Did they specifically tell you it was because of EWS?

Thanks for the information. 

Do not forget One United Bank.  Its in LA.  I'd lawyer up on Kinecta.