Can anyone help me with Excel?

Quit Screwing Me

The last post in this topic was posted 1348 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I have two questions about Excel.

First, if I track changes in a shared excel file, is anybody else able to "untrack" those changes or turn off the feature that I'm trying to track?

Secondly, and this is more complicated - at least for someone that's not an excel expert........myself for instance, lol.  I'm trying to get information from one spreadsheet, into another spreadsheet, but only if certain criteria is met.  I tried googling, and honestly, I was even more confused after looking at a few web pages.

What I'm wanting to do is:

IF, Spreadsheet #2, Cell C5 contains the information that is in Spreadsheet #1, Cell A2  AND if Spreadsheet #2 Cell D5 equals Spreadsheet #1, Cell C2, THEN I want Spreadsheet #2, Cell K5 to equal Spreadsheet #1, Cell L2. 

Alternatively, If Spreadsheet #1 Cell D2 is the same as Spreadsheet #2 Cell F5, THEN I was Spreadsheet #2 Cell L5 to equal Spreadhseet #1 Cell L2.

Make any sense? 

I am pretty sure that anyone who access the shared file can make changes to the tracking, but it has been a long time since I have used shared Excel files so I am not 100% positive.

your formulas:

=If(and(SS#2C5=SS#1A2,SS#2C5=SS#1C2),SS#1L2,0)  - You type this in SS#2 Cell K5.  This says that if the 2 criteria you outlined are true return SS#1 cell L2 into the cell.  If they don't then put 0 there.

=if(SS#1D2=SS#2F5,SS#1L2,0) - You type this formula into SS#2 L5.  This says that if the criteria you outlined is true, return SS#1L2 and put it in the cell, else make it 0.

Note, you can replace the 0 in both those formulas with a "" if you would prefer it to remain blank.

The last post in this topic was posted 1348 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.