Darealiz12

Net 30 Vendor Account Updates

On 2/7/2019 at 12:05 PM, TheMoor said:

2/7/19 - I spoke with a Gemplers rep.  She stated the requirements to acquire a Net 30 account with them are as follows. 

$2,500 spent on at least 4 different orders, in a 12 month period.   So you have to have an account with them for 1 full year and spend at least $2,500.  

It wouldn't matter if you spent that $2,500 over a span of 4 months.  The account has to be opened a full year.  

One could do other things with that $2,500.. over a years time, that would build Business Credit faster. 

Also, their FAQ states "We do not report to any credit agencies."

Gemplers.png

Did they change

3 posts down from yours someone said gemplers reports to d&b

Random question....what email address did you guys use when applying for your Net 30 accounts. Did you use a professional email with a professional domain name (ex: jdoe@companyname.com) or did you use something like a basic gmail account with your business name in it (ex: companyname@gmail.com) or does it even matter? 

I want to start applying to accounts ASAP and want to ensure that I have the best chance possible of getting approved.

Thanks

16 hours ago, BossLady08 said:

Random question....what email address did you guys use when applying for your Net 30 accounts. Did you use a professional email with a professional domain name (ex: jdoe@companyname.com) or did you use something like a basic gmail account with your business name in it (ex: companyname@gmail.com) or does it even matter? 

I want to start applying to accounts ASAP and want to ensure that I have the best chance possible of getting approved.

Thanks

Welcome to Creditboards!

We hope that you find what you're looking for here.

Some helpful tips:

• Your post may not get a reply right away. Don't be discouraged, this is a very busy board. If it falls off of the first page, feel free to reply to your post yourself, with the word *bump* in the text. This will *bump* your post back up to the top of the board.
  • If you haven't yet, take a peek at out Newbies Section. Everything that you need to know is in that forum, for the most part. It's a lot of reading, we know, but this credit stuff can have a steep learning curve. In no time, you'll be posting like the pros!
  • If you find that someone is discourteous to you, use the REPORT button at the top right of every post - that will ensure that a moderator or admin looks at the post and decides if it is against the TOS.
  • Off -topic posts should go in the General Forum.

Again, welcome to the CreditBoards family!

CB Admin: LKH, Pam, radi8, :angel:breeze:angel: & MarvBear

On 8/6/2019 at 8:41 PM, BossLady08 said:

Thanks

So, I was too anxious to wait for a reply so I went forward with a professional email account. My website provider was running a promotion for an email box and it was so cheap that I just created a new email account. I took it as a sign...LOL. Anyway, I applied for Uline and Quill and so far I got approved for Quill still waiting on ULINE. I will keep you posted.

15 hours ago, BossLady08 said:

So, I was too anxious to wait for a reply so I went forward with a professional email account. My website provider was running a promotion for an email box and it was so cheap that I just created a new email account. I took it as a sign...LOL. Anyway, I applied for Uline and Quill and so far I got approved for Quill still waiting on ULINE. I will keep you posted.

Congratulations! :)

On 8/7/2019 at 10:57 PM, BossLady08 said:
On 8/6/2019 at 8:41 PM, BossLady08 said:

Thanks

@BossLady08 Who is the website provider that you are using and how much do they charge?

Hi, I'm stuck on vendors and it's so frustrating!!... I incorporated my business last August and now have 13 accounts reporting... 2 PG cards, Chase-$14,000 & Capital One-$2000... Quill, Uline, Strategic, Summa, Monopolize, Grainger, MSC, Digi Key, BP & Fuelman... When I try to move on to store credit I keep getting denied and they want me to PG it..  I've applied with Amazon, Lowes, Dell, Office Depot, and Staples twice and they want a PG... Even with a year in business, 13 tradelines and my business is set up creditably!!... I don't get it... What am I doing wrong??... I don't want to PG everything... Any help or pointers from you guys would be greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance 

Alright new update. I was approved for the Lowe's Account Receivable card last month with no PG for $2500. They report to Experian, Equifax, and D&B.
My Lowe's account stopped reporting to Equifax, although it is active and still reports to Experian as well as D&B.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

On 8/16/2019 at 1:43 PM, HNS said:

@BossLady08 Who is the website provider that you are using and how much do they charge?

I use WIX and I pay about 18 per month for web hosting. I purchased my domain name from Go Daddy about 2 yrs ago. The promotion I got from WIX was 50% off for adding an email to my domain name. I had to pay up the first year, but it was like 2.50 per month for 12 months which came to about $33 or if I wanted to pay it monthly it would have been like $5 per month. I just paid the $33. 

But they run monthly promotions ALL THE TIME!

I hope that helps 🐵

Sorry everyone. I don't get notifications, but I will update everyone on my journey. The last few weeks I was just approved for Valero Gas Card $1,000 and Sam's Club Business Store Card $10,000 no PG. I will lay out my steps and try to answer some of the responses I have received so far.

Here are all the vendors that I have that I know reports:

• Grainger (Reporting)
  • Uline (Reporting)
  • Quill (Reporting)
  • Summa Office Supplies (Reporting)
  • Strategic Network Solutions (Reporting)
  • Supply Works (Reporting)
  • Lowes (I think it's reporting)
  • Amazon Net 55 (Should be reporting)
  • Valero (New need to make a payment)
  • Platt (Not reporting yet)
  • Sam's Club (Brand new. Waiting on card)
  • Monopolize Your Marketplace (Only reports to CreditSafe)

I currently have 6 reporting to D&B, 5 to Experian, and 2 to Equifax.

So, you will have to make sure your company is credible before getting started or you will have problems later on down the road when trying to apply for company and gas cards. Here is what you need to have:

1. Make sure your business address is a physical address and not a home address. You can have a virtual address, but it has to be a physical location. Not a PO Box.
  2. Have a business phone number that is registered in the 411 directory.
  3. Get your EIN number.
  4. Have either a LLC, Corp, etc established.
  5. Have online credibility. You can list your business on Google using Google My Business. This helped me verify if my business address will work when applying for vendors.
  6. Having a website will help tremendously and make sure your email has a business domain.
  7. Finally, get your DUNS number

Having those in place will help increase your chances of getting approved and not have to go back and update your files with the business secretary of state and every other vendor account that you have..(ask me how I know). 

Hope this helps some.

On 8/22/2019 at 3:25 PM, eliteD said:

My Lowe's account stopped reporting to Equifax, although it is active and still reports to Experian as well as D&B.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

You're right. I believe the Revolving account may report to Equifax. I have the Account Receivable.

So you applied to supplyworks without any tradelines and got approved?  Do you mind sharing how much you requested?

I'm just getting started with business credit and have applied for several places. So far I've been approved for Quill, Uline, and Summa Office Supplies.  I got rejected from Gemplers and Digikey.  I found out from epromos rep that they will only send you a credit application after you've made 2 purchases of $250 or more.  I was thinking I would apply for Seton next, but if Supply Works is tier 1 I will go for that.  Thanks for sharing your journey!

Seton sent me an email 8/29/19 that they don’t report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/25/2019 at 9:07 PM, Darealiz12 said:

Sorry everyone. I don't get notifications, but I will update everyone on my journey. The last few weeks I was just approved for Valero Gas Card $1,000 and Sam's Club Business Store Card $10,000 no PG. I will lay out my steps and try to answer some of the responses I have received so far.

Here are all the vendors that I have that I know reports:

• Grainger (Reporting)
  • Uline (Reporting)
  • Quill (Reporting)
  • Summa Office Supplies (Reporting)
  • Strategic Network Solutions (Reporting)
  • Supply Works (Reporting)
  • Lowes (I think it's reporting)
  • Amazon Net 55 (Should be reporting)
  • Valero (New need to make a payment)
  • Platt (Not reporting yet)
  • Sam's Club (Brand new. Waiting on card)
  • Monopolize Your Marketplace (Only reports to CreditSafe)

I currently have 6 reporting to D&B, 5 to Experian, and 2 to Equifax.

So, you will have to make sure your company is credible before getting started or you will have problems later on down the road when trying to apply for company and gas cards. Here is what you need to have:

1. Make sure your business address is a physical address and not a home address. You can have a virtual address, but it has to be a physical location. Not a PO Box.
  2. Have a business phone number that is registered in the 411 directory.
  3. Get your EIN number.
  4. Have either a LLC, Corp, etc established.
  5. Have online credibility. You can list your business on Google using Google My Business. This helped me verify if my business address will work when applying for vendors.
  6. Having a website will help tremendously and make sure your email has a business domain.
  7. Finally, get your DUNS number

Having those in place will help increase your chances of getting approved and not have to go back and update your files with the business secretary of state and every other vendor account that you have..(ask me how I know). 

Hope this helps some.

OMG!!!! Congratulations...It hasn't even been a year since you started and you already have your first 10K card in addition to all the other ones.

Since my last post I have Uline, Quill, and Supplyworks. I want to add on Summa and Strategic Network Solutions, but they honestly have the same stuff. Do you have to place an order with them each month for them to start reporting?

On 9/10/2019 at 10:18 PM, BossLady08 said:

OMG!!!! Congratulations...It hasn't even been a year since you started and you already have your first 10K card in addition to all the other ones.

Since my last post I have Uline, Quill, and Supplyworks. I want to add on Summa and Strategic Network Solutions, but they honestly have the same stuff. Do you have to place an order with them each month for them to start reporting?

Thank you! I appreciate it, and I just got approved for a Conoco Phillips Gas card as well for $2500! They PG'd me, but I am sending in a letter to request that the PG becomes removed because I did not ask for it on my application. To answer your question, you just have to place one order with each for them to report. Wait about 5 days and then pay it that way it don't show up as a cash account on your reports.

22 hours ago, Darealiz12 said:

Thank you! I appreciate it, and I just got approved for a Conoco Phillips Gas card as well for $2500! They PG'd me, but I am sending in a letter to request that the PG becomes removed because I did not ask for it on my application. To answer your question, you just have to place one order with each for them to report. Wait about 5 days and then pay it that way it don't show up as a cash account on your reports.

Yes with the gas card!!! $2500!!! That is AMAZING!!! I am just amazed at how well this is all working out for you. I am slowly trucking behind you. I keep reading your past post(along with others) and it keeps inspiring me to keep going. Thank you so much for checking in and answering my questions.

So far I've been approved for Uline, Quill, Summa, UPS, Supply Works, and Grainger.

I have reporting only Summa and Uline though.

This month will be my 3rd month making Quill purchases, so I expect next month Quill should start reporting.  Also I just got the Supply Works and Grainger approvals last week, so I will make some purchases and hopefully those report next month.  I'll update in a month or two with results.  UPS hasn't reported, but for some reason my autopay was paying the invoices same-day, so maybe that was the issue there.

OH, and big news: Nav.com just yesterday released a creditboost product which will report your payments to ALL THREE of the credit agencies.  I immediately upgraded from my free plan as that is totally worth it.  For those of you who don't know Nav.com lets you monitor your business credit for free by giving you updates whenever a new tradeline is added or someone checks your report.  Also they give you a rough 'grade' based on the info in your actual report.  If you want the actual score you need to pay for access to the reports.  I was using the free plan just to get an idea of when tradelines were being reported, and when I could apply for the next tier.  But now that they are reporting your payments, its a no-brainer to upgrade to a paid version for something I need anyway.

I forgot to mention I have the Well's Fargo Platinum Business card (with PG) but that hasn't reported at all since I got it months ago which is a huge bummer.

1 hour ago, nauttdog said:

So far I've been approved for Uline, Quill, Summa, UPS, Supply Works, and Grainger.

I have reporting only Summa and Uline though.

This month will be my 3rd month making Quill purchases, so I expect next month Quill should start reporting.  Also I just got the Supply Works and Grainger approvals last week, so I will make some purchases and hopefully those report next month.  I'll update in a month or two with results.  UPS hasn't reported, but for some reason my autopay was paying the invoices same-day, so maybe that was the issue there.

OH, and big news: Nav.com just yesterday released a creditboost product which will report your payments to ALL THREE of the credit agencies.  I immediately upgraded from my free plan as that is totally worth it.  For those of you who don't know Nav.com lets you monitor your business credit for free by giving you updates whenever a new tradeline is added or someone checks your report.  Also they give you a rough 'grade' based on the info in your actual report.  If you want the actual score you need to pay for access to the reports.  I was using the free plan just to get an idea of when tradelines were being reported, and when I could apply for the next tier.  But now that they are reporting your payments, its a no-brainer to upgrade to a paid version for something I need anyway.

Do you have the link to Supply Works?

2 hours ago, nauttdog said:

I forgot to mention I have the Well's Fargo Platinum Business card (with PG) but that hasn't reported at all since I got it months ago which is a huge bummer.

Wells Fargo has indicated they report to the SBFE. So while you may not see it on a standard credit report, a lender that pulls a report with SBFE data should see it. 

Supplyworks is changing to HD Pro (Home Depot Pro)  They sent us an invite for company cards that will now be able to be used in HD stores apparently.  

On 9/20/2019 at 1:13 PM, GerriDetweiler said:

Wells Fargo has indicated they report to the SBFE. So while you may not see it on a standard credit report, a lender that pulls a report with SBFE data should see it. 

Thanks for the explanation!  I'm guessing this is more for banks and lending institutions than it is for store credit and net terms?

Posted (edited)

Hey fellow Bizz Owners; here is my journey so far; (Bizz is a 14 mo old, DUNS#, bizz add, bizz 800 #, bizz email, EIN, bizz bank acct, website, 411, verified by google bizz for SEO's, yelp, manta, bing, yahoo) 

Approved for Quill, Summa, Sunbelt, Fuelman, Amsterdam, and MSC<<is it true these last 2 not reporting..(waitin on paydex score...just did my 3rd quill order, in 90 days and will pay inv end of mo..all others have at least 1 pmt experience in already..)

DENIED, Uline, Grainger (wants 3+ orders paid upfront) also Dell & Staples<didnt realize those were tier 2! Chevron-Texaco wants a 500 depo

Supply-works/HD Pro cancelled my original order..says they cant ship to my address?! HUH?* I have a virtual add.!! The rep told me they dont deliver to virtual add...? so that acct has been sitting for A CPL OF MONTHS with no activity! Pissed off! But did I hear correct,? that you can use this acct @ home depo? Do I request the cards and the credit line can be shopped in store?? 

As soon as I get paydex score will try tier 2..( Amazon bizz, Newegg 55, Lowes, Conoco-Phillips fuel card, Sam's club bizz store card, BJ's world of bizz card,

then which card/acct you guys think I should PG at this point??

Its a marathon. not a race!

Edited by biggwigg

On 10/6/2019 at 11:13 PM, biggwigg said:

Hey fellow Bizz Owners; here is my journey so far; (Bizz is a 14 mo old, DUNS#, bizz add, bizz 800 #, bizz email, EIN, bizz bank acct, website, 411, verified by google bizz for SEO's, yelp, manta, bing, yahoo) 

Approved for Quill, Summa, Sunbelt, Fuelman, Amsterdam, and MSC<<is it true these last 2 not reporting..(waitin on paydex score...just did my 3rd quill order, in 90 days and will pay inv end of mo..all others have at least 1 pmt experience in already..)

DENIED, Uline, Grainger (wants 3+ orders paid upfront) also Dell & Staples<didnt realize those were tier 2! Chevron-Texaco wants a 500 depo

Supply-works/HD Pro cancelled my original order..says they cant ship to my address?! HUH?* I have a virtual add.!! The rep told me they dont deliver to virtual add...? so that acct has been sitting for A CPL OF MONTHS with no activity! Pissed off! But did I hear correct,? that you can use this acct @ home depo? Do I request the cards and the credit line can be shopped in store?? 

As soon as I get paydex score will try tier 2..( Amazon bizz, Newegg 55, Lowes, Conoco-Phillips fuel card, Sam's club bizz store card, BJ's world of bizz card,

then which card/acct you guys think I should PG at this point??

Its a marathon. not a race!

You read that correct!  I followed the instructions from their website and had cards shipped to me,  and they can be used at any Home Depot.  I just tested it out this past weekend, took it straight to checkout and it worked just like a normal credit card.  I do recall that once I requested the cards I got an email from them requesting additional docs before they sent them.  Nothing like PG or anything, but business docs.  Now that I think of it, that was kinda of weird since they had already approved me for the account.  I guess requesting the cards give you access to thousands of their Home Depot stores so they just want to verify its a legit business *shrugs* 

As for your other question, I guess it depends on your business and what you're needing credit for.  For instance if you're a small contractor and you mostly need credit for supplies, maybe once you get Home Depot or Lowes net terms, you'd be all good.  Now all you'd have to do is work on getting the lines progressivley increased (my Supply Works net account came with a really low limit.)  But if you're in another business and spending 5k/month on adwords, you'd want to a high balance rewards business card.  So again, it all just depends on what you need credit for.