Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

1. nauttdog

• Similar Content

• By MaryK2020
      Trying to help a friend and not sure what to do. They were just served with paperwork from the Courts in Osceola County, Fl. It was filed by Raush Sturm on behalf of Sears for some appliances purchased almost 5 years ago. The account was interest free and when it came time to make the final payment it was offered to Sears to split the final payment within 7 days of each other to clear the account. They refused and final payment was not made. In the documents they included only 1 statement which shows a balance now due of $9027.70 as of 1/9/2019.  Currently she has 10 days to answer the court complaint and I have no idea what we need to document or request. The amount is beyond ridiculous and she is currently a full time student with an unemployed spouse. Is there a way to request validation of the debt with all statement copies and proof it was purchased individually and not a bundle purchase (meaning they have no documents to prove they rightfully own?)

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated. I have been reading on your boards about them being in the Hall of Fame for bad collectors. 

Thanks !
    • By richrod
      Hello, everyone.

For the past week or so, I've been reading up on ways to deal with a CA that recently showed up on my credit report. I stumbled upon Why Chat's HIPAA program, read through it, and while it's quite clear, I just want to make sure it is the right thing for me. I'd also like to use it to ask potential follow up questions along the process.

It showed up on my credit report June 28th, with a Date of First Delinquency of February 20th, 2017. At the moment, it only shows up on Equifax and Experian. It's from a hospital visit in California, and I am from and currently live in Arizona, and while I did have medicaid at the time, I was told that it would probably not cover it, but they'd let me go through with it anyway. 

I started to get bills from the Riverside County Medical department, but I initially ignored them, as I was an unemployed college student, and my mom advised me it wouldn't matter anyway; The bill was for $991. I'm now 23, and have been working hard on my credit score, this is the only blemish on my record, and I would love to get rid of it completely.

I have a few old addresses on my credit report, but they're all from years before this account, and I've lived at my current address for around 11 years now. Do I still have to go through the deletion process for those other addresses? Other than that, I'm thinking my first step would be to fill out and send the "Initial HIPAA Dispute Letter" to the two CRAs that show the collection, is this correct?

Thanks in advance for any help!

• By StarkRaven$
      https://www.marketplace.org/2020/06/30/netflix-to-deposit-100-million-in-black-owned-banks/
    • By laina1978
      Hey trying to help my boyfriend build his business and I am having a hard time with tier 1-net 30. 

So far he had Uline 
      but Quill didnt have an option 

He did newegg  and cleanitsupply.
      He tired to do Supplyworks but that didnt give an option. 

If anyone can send updates list please with success we want at least 5 tier 1 Net 30;s. 

• By SSailor54
      Hi CBs,
      I'm a newbie and after reading all the newbie forums I hope I'm doing this right. This is my first post.

I just received a Notice of Intention To File An IRS 1099 -C Form from a CA - Offices of Taylor and Associates.
      The notice says that they are the legal owners of the account referenced in the box below. The box includes the OC name (Bank of America), and account #, the CA name, charge-off balance $1719.21, Interest $2751.68, Total amount owed $4470.89, charge-off date 3/3/2004, and client claim number.

Then the CA offers me two settlement options lower than what would be paid to the IRS. It's a one-time offer and apparently their last attempt (first I received) to settle this account before submitting the 1099-C to the IRS. I can make a one time payment of $670.63 or 6 monthly payments of $140.43. If no settlement is agreeable I am to detach the form below (1099-C form) and file it with my 2020 taxes.

Some interesting facts about the notice:
      My first name used is a variation of my legal name but not my legal name.
      My last name used is my maiden name and I was married in 2004 (at the time this was apparently C/O).

I pulled my credit reports and this does not show on any report. I don't even remember having a BOA account in 2004. 

So do I send a DV (CRRR of course)? I'm sorry if this is too long.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    gb329
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines