Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

1. CreditGuy03

2. GerriDetweiler

• Similar Content

• By laina1978
      Hey trying to help my boyfriend build his business and I am having a hard time with tier 1-net 30. 

So far he had Uline 
      but Quill didnt have an option 

He did newegg  and cleanitsupply.
      He tired to do Supplyworks but that didnt give an option. 

If anyone can send updates list please with success we want at least 5 tier 1 Net 30;s. 

• By SSailor54
      Hi CBs,
      I'm a newbie and after reading all the newbie forums I hope I'm doing this right. This is my first post.

I just received a Notice of Intention To File An IRS 1099 -C Form from a CA - Offices of Taylor and Associates.
      The notice says that they are the legal owners of the account referenced in the box below. The box includes the OC name (Bank of America), and account #, the CA name, charge-off balance $1719.21, Interest $2751.68, Total amount owed $4470.89, charge-off date 3/3/2004, and client claim number.

Then the CA offers me two settlement options lower than what would be paid to the IRS. It's a one-time offer and apparently their last attempt (first I received) to settle this account before submitting the 1099-C to the IRS. I can make a one time payment of $670.63 or 6 monthly payments of $140.43. If no settlement is agreeable I am to detach the form below (1099-C form) and file it with my 2020 taxes.

Some interesting facts about the notice:
      My first name used is a variation of my legal name but not my legal name.
      My last name used is my maiden name and I was married in 2004 (at the time this was apparently C/O).

I pulled my credit reports and this does not show on any report. I don't even remember having a BOA account in 2004. 

So do I send a DV (CRRR of course)? I'm sorry if this is too long.
    • By mryker
      In 2016 and parts of 2017, I've had a few credit cards go into collections. 
      1. Credit Card from a bank is about $20,000.00
      2. Credit Card from a store is about $5000.00
      3. Credit Card from a bank is about $5000.00
      4. Credit Card from a bank is about $3000.00

At the time I was not working and did not know about negotiating/settling . 

I am now working, making about a small $33K a year.

Should I pay off this debt? Do I call the collection agency's and pay it off?  What's the best route to take?

Best
    • By Soharis
      I'm at a 802 credit score. I've never been in collections and while I have debt, it is all student loan debt that I am paying. I've never had to help someone with bad credit before. We are both in our late 20's. Her score is around a 630 transunion and 700 equifax.

I finally got a new job and moved my fiancee from Texas to NY. We are interested in getting married and getting a house/moving for her degree in 1 to 3 years. She does have some credit problems that we would like to take care of. She's never had anyone tell her how to handle credit or anything, so she is oblivious to it all. She has medical collections because her mother told her that she paid her medical bills at the time, but she actually did not, and she took her at good faith for this. I am helping her learn but it takes time.

She has about 1100 to 1700 total in collections. Trans-union and Equifax somewhat show the same thing just Equifax show's t-mobile and transunion does not. All of her collections other than T-Mobile are medical based. She has 7 collections total, with phoenix financial having 3 of them all from the same date. She also has a charged off card not showing in collections.

Paying them off isn't a issue as she has more then enough to pay them all in full, but I want to get everything I can off of her account. All of these collections are from texas prior to her move here in NY. The amounts I posted below are not the exact amounts but close.

First Electronic Bank - 600$ - Closed End of 2014 (5 Yrs Old) - Charged off as bad debt, profit and loss write-off -  (Not showing in collections, only under closed accounts)
      Wakefield & Associates - $600 - Opened End of 2015
      Merch & Prof CollBur - $15 Opened End of 2015
      Creditors Bureau USA - $230 - Opened Mid 2018 - Consumer disputes this account information, meets FCRA requirements (She told me she's never disputed anything)
      Pheonix Financial Serv - $124+130+91 - Opened Mid 2019 
      Convergent Outsourcing - $367 OC =  T-MOBILE Opened - Mid 2019

I'm reading through all the HIPPA stuff on this forum but it's a lot to take in at once, any advice for us? I want to keep communication on the phone at the minimum with any CRA. 

• By MarvBear
      https://abovethelaw.com/2020/02/after-40-years-the-lexisnexis-mainframe-is-no-more/

There is no paywall.   I did not know this, but found it interesting.

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines