Jump to content

policebox

Debit Cards Suddenly Stopped Working For Ally Bank Customers (snowflakes melt)

Recommended Posts

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/nicolenguyen/debit-cards-suddenly-stopped-working-for-ally-bank-customers

 

Be an adult and learn to carry some cash and/or a credit card for a backup. If you can't buy lunch because your only source of funding is no longer working, that's your own fault. And what's the deal with catastrophizing every problem that occurs in the lives of this segment of society? You didn't have access to your money for a few hours, that sucks, but be prepared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, policebox said:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/nicolenguyen/debit-cards-suddenly-stopped-working-for-ally-bank-customers

 

Be an adult and learn to carry some cash and/or a credit card for a backup. If you can't buy lunch because your only source of funding is no longer working, that's your own fault. And what's the deal with catastrophizing every problem that occurs in the lives of this segment of society? You didn't have access to your money for a few hours, that sucks, but be prepared.

This concept is foreign in today's society. 

I think I am outraged ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many years ago WF had the same outage. That was in 2008'ish when I only had a WF debit card. It lasted about 6 hours IIRC and I ran into it trying to buy stuff at Fry's. I did have enough cash to cover it so it was just annoying. The NY Times had a brief story about the outage.

 

Always have backup including some cash. Stuff happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, policebox said:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/nicolenguyen/debit-cards-suddenly-stopped-working-for-ally-bank-customers

 

Be an adult and learn to carry some cash and/or a credit card for a backup. If you can't buy lunch because your only source of funding is no longer working, that's your own fault. And what's the deal with catastrophizing every problem that occurs in the lives of this segment of society? You didn't have access to your money for a few hours, that sucks, but be prepared.

This is the same segment of society where vocal ones go around proclaiming they can't be trusted with credit cards because "they would forget to pay the bill". D@mned phone zombies wandering around looking for Peekachoo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just imagine what would happen if their phones stopped working.

 

Millions lost in the streets with no idea where their houses are, no way to find an ATM and no way to get help...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Occam said:

Just imagine what would happen if their phones stopped working.

 

Millions lost in the streets with no idea where their houses are, no way to find an ATM and no way to get help...

I heard someone say "Just get a map"

 

What's a map? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It also can.happen to credit cards. Fortunately some of us here have 100 backups.

A 1 1/4 hour failure isn't the end of the world,  ...or is it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Burgerwars said:

It also can.happen to credit cards. Fortunately some of us here have 100 backups.

A 1 1/4 hour failure isn't the end of the world,  ...or is it?

 

It's a small world, after all :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This email I just received.  I didn't even know there was an outage until I read about it here. I don't do much with my Ally account.

----------------------- 

Thanks for your patience.
mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.email.ally.com%2Flib%2Ffe651570746c03787615%2Fm%2F1%2FspaceTrans.gif&t=1547338544&ymreqid=110974b1-aaa5-500e-2207-1e000301f600&sig=9E8i7w2icmp0cMrVo5enLQ--~C
mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.email.ally.com%2Flib%2Ffe651570746c03787615%2Fm%2F1%2FspaceTrans.gif&t=1547338544&ymreqid=110974b1-aaa5-500e-2207-1e000301f600&sig=9E8i7w2icmp0cMrVo5enLQ--~C
Yesterday, there was a power outage at our vendor's debit card processing center, and you might have experienced issues with debit card transactions, ATM activity or activating a new debit card. We're sorry if you were affected by this outage, and we appreciate your patience as we work hard to make things right. You can now make purchases and use your ATM card for withdrawals, and your ability to activate your new card and change your PIN should be available soon.

If you need help in the meantime, give us a call at 1-877-247-2559 or log in at ally.com to chat with us. Our customer care team is available 24/7 to help with whatever you need.
mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.email.ally.com%2Flib%2Ffe651570746c03787615%2Fm%2F1%2FspaceTrans.gif&t=1547338544&ymreqid=110974b1-aaa5-500e-2207-1e000301f600&sig=9E8i7w2icmp0cMrVo5enLQ--~C
mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.email.ally.com%2Flib%2Ffe651570746c03787615%2Fm%2F1%2FspaceTrans.gif&t=1547338544&ymreqid=110974b1-aaa5-500e-2207-1e000301f600&sig=9E8i7w2icmp0cMrVo5enLQ--~C

 

Edited by Burgerwars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Burgerwars said:

This email I just received.  I didn't even know there was an outage until I read about it here. I don't do much with my Ally account.

----------------------- 

Thanks for your patience.
mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.email.ally.com%2Flib%2Ffe651570746c03787615%2Fm%2F1%2FspaceTrans.gif&t=1547338544&ymreqid=110974b1-aaa5-500e-2207-1e000301f600&sig=9E8i7w2icmp0cMrVo5enLQ--~C
mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.email.ally.com%2Flib%2Ffe651570746c03787615%2Fm%2F1%2FspaceTrans.gif&t=1547338544&ymreqid=110974b1-aaa5-500e-2207-1e000301f600&sig=9E8i7w2icmp0cMrVo5enLQ--~C
Yesterday, there was a power outage at our vendor's debit card processing center, and you might have experienced issues with debit card transactions, ATM activity or activating a new debit card. We're sorry if you were affected by this outage, and we appreciate your patience as we work hard to make things right. You can now make purchases and use your ATM card for withdrawals, and your ability to activate your new card and change your PIN should be available soon.

If you need help in the meantime, give us a call at 1-877-247-2559 or log in at ally.com to chat with us. Our customer care team is available 24/7 to help with whatever you need.
mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.email.ally.com%2Flib%2Ffe651570746c03787615%2Fm%2F1%2FspaceTrans.gif&t=1547338544&ymreqid=110974b1-aaa5-500e-2207-1e000301f600&sig=9E8i7w2icmp0cMrVo5enLQ--~C
mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.email.ally.com%2Flib%2Ffe651570746c03787615%2Fm%2F1%2FspaceTrans.gif&t=1547338544&ymreqid=110974b1-aaa5-500e-2207-1e000301f600&sig=9E8i7w2icmp0cMrVo5enLQ--~C

 

I wonder if this has anything to do with the snow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got an email a few days ago from NASA FCU, telling me Visa had some sort of sporadic issue.

 

Reminded me to make my quarterly pencil purchase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2019 at 7:41 AM, TheVig said:

I got an email a few days ago from NASA FCU, telling me Visa had some sort of sporadic issue.

 

Reminded me to make my quarterly pencil purchase.

You too huh? And put $5.00 into the savings account so NASA doesn't make their service fee withdrawls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Today's Birthdays

  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      176,745
    • Most Online
      1,528

    Newest Member
    zerocat1
    Joined

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines