JS123

3 TL's being re-aged... help!

I've searched and searched and can't find the answer, so I apologize if I've missed it.

I know I've read about this before but I need help identifying the proper terminology to use in a letter to the CRA to fix this issue. I just applied for a credit card and was turned down, and when I pulled my Experian credit report, I can see why. It look like I have three "current" accounts that have been late for years yet they are not current because I have not paid them in years. I am waiting for them to fall off in 7 years but that will never happen if they keep getting re-aged.

TL #1

Collection Agency

account type: Debt Buyer

Date Opened: 11/20/2015

Status Updated: 12/27/2018

I have never sent these people a dime. This means DOLA should be 11/20/2015, correct?

TL #2

credit card

Date Opened: 6/3/2009

Status: Account charged off, written off, past due as of Dec 2018

Status Updated: 12/14/2018

The last payment I made to this account was June 2012. After that is 30 days late, 60, 90, 120, 150, 180, and every entry from Dec. 2013 to the present is "charged off".

DOLA should be June 2012, correct?

TL #3

line of credit

Date Opened: 7/26/2000

Status: account charged off, written off, past due as of Dec 2018

Status updated 12/26/2018

Last payment was April 2012.

Thank you very much for any assistance you can provide! This forum is a great resource!

This isn't re-aging.  The 7-year clock for reporting starts at DOFD (the most recent month you were late and never got current).

If they updated the status in December with the correct status, that's reporting accurately.

9 hours ago, cv91915 said:

This isn't re-aging.  The 7-year clock for reporting starts at DOFD (the most recent month you were late and never got current).

If they updated the status in December with the correct status, that's reporting accurately.

So this means TL #2 should disappear June 2019 and TL #3 should disappear April 2019, right? That's not too long, just a few more months. TL #1, a CA, is still a few years longer (I stopped their collection calls with a cease and desist letter).

I have one credit card that I've had for a few years, and last week they cut my credit limit in half. I called them to inquire as to why they did that, and they said they audit accounts at random and reduced my credit limit based on what's in my credit report, which is why I pulled it.

I applied for a different credit card today and was turned down, which is I thought these bad TL's were screwing me over.

This is very strange, that I was able to get a credit card 3 years ago when these same three bad TL's were there (and more recent), yet now my credit is "worse" despite the fact that the bad TL's are older.

You can encourage these TLs to drop early.

Here is a thread that describes the dispute process and the idiosynrasies for each bureau.

It's a long thread, but you don't have to read every post.

Good luck!