Sign in to follow this  
Kickdrum

Utilization Consolidation Optimization only EX HELP!

Utilization Consolidation Optimization only using EX HELP! 

Scores 
EQ538 TU587 EX638 

Amex blue 10K /  4K bal 
Amex Every 10K / 7500 bal 
BOA Alaska Air 4500/ 3900 bal 
DISC 6300/ 4200 bal
BECU     2K/ 1500 bal 
Cap 1  800/ 0 bal 
CITI   1K/0 bal 
Credit one 950/ 0 bal 
First Premier 1K / 0 bal 
First Premier  400/ 0 bal 
Student loan 9500/ 9270 bal 

I was at 690-710 on my scores then loaded my cards, killing my scores from over utilization. 
Along the way I was dealing with a federal agency penalty which before it got through with the appeal/contesting/adjudication the person I was dealing with retired, and the division of the agency closed now sending all penalties directly to Treasury. Soooo Treasury’s Bureau Of Fiscal Service is the taxpayers collection agency and they are tough. Sent me a notice of intent to garnish me (they can only take 15% after tax) and hit EQ and TU with a 40K collection!  One of the listings said the account start date was 01/01/0001 that’s 1000 years before the crusades. So my credit repair person immediately verify challenges them. They have now come back twice updated with more info and amounts claimed, My insurance will cover part of it and I have a attorney doing the adjudication challenge with Treasury but the process is slow, maybe a year.  So even though the debt is not being avoided by me, and hasn’t been confirmed, they are jamming me up on the bureaus. Im trying a third time verification with EQ TU maybe the govt shutdown will help them miss the 60 day window.  But I’m dead on those bureaus.  I tried my CU but they pulled TU and that’s how I found out about the Treasury listing. 

HELP: 
I know my EX score is low from loading up my cards, won’t a consolidation loan get my score back up? 
EX has 5 inquires 3/18 11/17 11/17 11/17 10/17

I’ve gotten the typical mailing from BestEgg and was about to click the button but waited, wanting more info.  Here on Pulls it looks like they only pull EX? I need to figure out how, if it’s possible for me to do this.  

In the mean time I need to get a car, a person I’ve been working with says the finance person has banks that only pull EX.  

I have a good job, 70K  at it 8 months, went to school last year to get the job. years of credit history, only 3 lates from over two years ago. 

Qs:
1. Where how to get consolidation loan to put out card fires.  
2. Apply for consolidation or car loan first? 
3. If I can get more then I need on consolidation should I take it and use extra to pay down balance then it will show less then 100% on my report and now count as bad?

4. Is there any hope I can pull this off? 

5. The BestEgg prequalified offer is good only till Jan 9 so time is ASAP crucial, I haven't clicked through on it yet so they haven't run me, and they are emailing me to continue. 

Thank you for any and all help!!!!!

9 hours ago, Kickdrum said:

Ideally you would get the consolidation loan first, pay off the cards, watch the new balances report and your scores go up, and then take out the auto loan.  But in that time, what's to stop the Treasury matter from popping up on Experian?  Regardless, if you are having trouble paying $20k in credit card debt from your current income, borrowing money for a car isn't advised (you can't afford it).

12 hours ago, Kickdrum said:

Utilization Consolidation Optimization only using EX HELP! 

Scores 
EQ538 TU587 EX638 

Amex blue 10K /  4K bal 
Amex Every 10K / 7500 bal 
BOA Alaska Air 4500/ 3900 bal 
DISC 6300/ 4200 bal
BECU     2K/ 1500 bal 
Cap 1  800/ 0 bal 
CITI   1K/0 bal 
Credit one 950/ 0 bal 
First Premier 1K / 0 bal 
First Premier  400/ 0 bal 
Student loan 9500/ 9270 bal 

I was at 690-710 on my scores then loaded my cards, killing my scores from over utilization. 
Along the way I was dealing with a federal agency penalty which before it got through with the appeal/contesting/adjudication the person I was dealing with retired, and the division of the agency closed now sending all penalties directly to Treasury. Soooo Treasury’s Bureau Of Fiscal Service is the taxpayers collection agency and they are tough. Sent me a notice of intent to garnish me (they can only take 15% after tax) and hit EQ and TU with a 40K collection!  One of the listings said the account start date was 01/01/0001 that’s 1000 years before the crusades. So my credit repair person immediately verify challenges them. They have now come back twice updated with more info and amounts claimed, My insurance will cover part of it and I have a attorney doing the adjudication challenge with Treasury but the process is slow, maybe a year.  So even though the debt is not being avoided by me, and hasn’t been confirmed, they are jamming me up on the bureaus. Im trying a third time verification with EQ TU maybe the govt shutdown will help them miss the 60 day window.  But I’m dead on those bureaus.  I tried my CU but they pulled TU and that’s how I found out about the Treasury listing. 

HELP: 
I know my EX score is low from loading up my cards, won’t a consolidation loan get my score back up? 
EX has 5 inquires 3/18 11/17 11/17 11/17 10/17

I’ve gotten the typical mailing from BestEgg and was about to click the button but waited, wanting more info.  Here on Pulls it looks like they only pull EX? I need to figure out how, if it’s possible for me to do this.  

In the mean time I need to get a car, a person I’ve been working with says the finance person has banks that only pull EX.  

I have a good job, 70K  at it 8 months, went to school last year to get the job. years of credit history, only 3 lates from over two years ago. 

Qs:
1. Where how to get consolidation loan to put out card fires.  
3. If I can get more then I need on consolidation should I take it and use extra to pay down balance then it will show less then 100% on my report and now count as bad?

4. Is there any hope I can pull this off? 

5. The BestEgg prequalified offer is good only till Jan 9 so time is ASAP crucial, I haven't clicked through on it yet so they haven't run me, and they are emailing me to continue. 

Thank you for any and all help!!!!!

I agree, it doesn't sound like you can afford a car.  Is the 40K collection from the IRS?

The collection isn't IRS. So IRS taking my bank account isn't a threat.

Treasury OFS can only garnish 15% paycheck after taxes. That won't happen, I will pay what's left of the penalty after my insurance pays, after I'm through with the adjudication process, I'm challenging the penalty amount and I should get a reduction. 

My only expenses are the cards and personal spending. The car payment shouldn't be a problem. I can certainly see the concern of over extention. 

The card balances really aren't a giant problem, I'm looking for the benefit of raising my score by moving the balances into a loan.  

Thanks for responding! 

6 hours ago, Kickdrum said:

Bump please, my bestegg solicitation is dated Jan 9

You listed five items, four of which are questions, and #2 (the most important for your plan) has been answered.

Might help to restate what other info is in the critical path for making a decision.

the only longterm solution is to practice PIF.

in the meantime, I suggest paying highest APR to lower and work as much extra/overtime as you can to pay off the debts instead of simply moving/consolidating as you might run the cards back up.

is the OFS related to any financial crimes? if not, what?

Worked. Loan origination fee 2800 OUCH. Now EX737 TU644 EQ585 

EX and TU show the bestegg loan, EQ doesn't. Hopefully have treasury delt with by summer. Thanks for all the help, this forum is a bank of knowledge  

Sorry for the delay. I did the best egg loan. Got my ex up into low 711 area. Crazy giant loan origination fee. Helped my situation as needed. Thanks for the help and advice. 

29 minutes ago, Kickdrum said:

Sorry for the delay. I did the best egg loan. Got my ex up into low 711 area. Crazy giant loan origination fee. Helped my situation as needed. Thanks for the help and advice. 

why does sKore matter more than money?

I don't think much matters more than money, at least that seems to be the case in life. My problem was a low score on the bureaus. I still had to pay the bills, but by transferring the balances to the loan my score went up on ex. My cards are empty. Now I can focus on paying down the balance asap and not suffer a credit shortfall while doing it.