Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Apping a NFCU card

I'd like to app a NFCU card. Does the CU still give away large credit limits?

I have a clean EQ and all my cards will show PIF when I app next week.

There is a NFCU branch just a couple of miles from me. When I join, will a credit report be pulled when I start off with a checking account? Should I do a credit card app at the same time I open the account or should I go home and app online?

I'm trying to avoid getting hit twice with a hard pull.

Any NFCU advice is appreciated.

I can only provide one data point.  My Flugship was approved for $30,000 a couple of months ago.

Not sure about the rest, but others will weigh in.

Going for a SUB?

Flegship offer for $500 and no AF in year one expires 12/31 I believe.

Edited by cv91915

On 12/30/2018 at 7:28 PM, get.randy said:

They will likely pull EQ when you join, and TU when you apply for a card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NFCU does not pull credit when joining.

1 hour ago, DigDeep said:

NFCU does not pull credit when joining.

Perhaps the EQ pull is for opening a checking account then? I don't recall the details.

I was given $30k on the Platinum yesterday. I already have $35k on the Go Rewards, which was opened at $25k 2-3 years ago.

Edited by nooneimportant

On 12/30/2018 at 2:54 PM, ClaimJumper said:

I'd like to app a NFCU card. Does the CU still give away large credit limits?

I have a clean EQ and all my cards will show PIF when I app next week.

There is a NFCU branch just a couple of miles from me. When I join, will a credit report be pulled when I start off with a checking account? Should I do a credit card app at the same time I open the account or should I go home and app online?

I'm trying to avoid getting hit twice with a hard pull.

Any NFCU advice is appreciated.

NFCU is great!!!  Even if they start you out low, they give very generous CLI...

23 hours ago, NYCdude27 said:

NFCU is great!!!  Even if they start you out low, they give very generous CLI...

Caveat:

NF is great when you have bad/terrible credit and you have no other options to get an adult limit on a credit card. 

Just like toilet bowl cleaner is great if you need to clean and disinfect a certain bathroom fixture, but you can't afford a maid.

Neither is universally great. 

At my financial/credit stage, I wouldn't use a NF credit card for any real spending, any more than I would substitute bowl cleaner for chicken gravy.

5 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Caveat:

NF is great when you have bad/terrible credit and you have no other options to get an adult limit on a credit card. 

Just like toilet bowl cleaner is great if you need to clean and disinfect a certain bathroom fixture, but you can't afford a maid.

Neither is universally great. 

At my financial/credit stage, I wouldn't use a NF credit card for any real spending, any more than I would substitute bowl cleaner for chicken gravy.

I mostly use them for their yearly BT offers.  Having NO FEE for a Balance Transfer is a nice perk too!

36 minutes ago, NYCdude27 said:

I mostly use them for their yearly BT offers.  Having NO FEE for a Balance Transfer is a nice perk too!

We should make a NF white list.

I was approved for $15k last May w/ a 620 TU FICO8. I did have about $3k in my NFCU checking account when I applied. I dont know if that came into play.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk