Jump to content

Apping a NFCU card


ClaimJumper
 Share

The last post in this topic was posted 1490 days ago. 

 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Recommended Posts

I'd like to app a NFCU card. Does the CU still give away large credit limits?

 

I have a clean EQ and all my cards will show PIF when I app next week.

 

There is a NFCU branch just a couple of miles from me. When I join, will a credit report be pulled when I start off with a checking account? Should I do a credit card app at the same time I open the account or should I go home and app online?

 

I'm trying to avoid getting hit twice with a hard pull.

 

Any NFCU advice is appreciated.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I can only provide one data point.  My Flugship was approved for $30,000 a couple of months ago.

 

Not sure about the rest, but others will weigh in.

 

Going for a SUB?

 

Flegship offer for $500 and no AF in year one expires 12/31 I believe.

 

Edited by cv91915
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DigDeep said:

NFCU does not pull credit when joining.

 

Perhaps the EQ pull is for opening a checking account then? I don't recall the details.

 

I was given $30k on the Platinum yesterday. I already have $35k on the Go Rewards, which was opened at $25k 2-3 years ago.

Edited by nooneimportant
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/30/2018 at 2:54 PM, ClaimJumper said:

I'd like to app a NFCU card. Does the CU still give away large credit limits?

 

I have a clean EQ and all my cards will show PIF when I app next week.

 

There is a NFCU branch just a couple of miles from me. When I join, will a credit report be pulled when I start off with a checking account? Should I do a credit card app at the same time I open the account or should I go home and app online?

 

I'm trying to avoid getting hit twice with a hard pull.

 

Any NFCU advice is appreciated.

 

NFCU is great!!!  Even if they start you out low, they give very generous CLI...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, NYCdude27 said:

NFCU is great!!!  Even if they start you out low, they give very generous CLI...

Caveat:

 

NF is great when you have bad/terrible credit and you have no other options to get an adult limit on a credit card. 

 

Just like toilet bowl cleaner is great if you need to clean and disinfect a certain bathroom fixture, but you can't afford a maid.

 

Neither is universally great. 

 

At my financial/credit stage, I wouldn't use a NF credit card for any real spending, any more than I would substitute bowl cleaner for chicken gravy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Caveat:

 

NF is great when you have bad/terrible credit and you have no other options to get an adult limit on a credit card. 

 

Just like toilet bowl cleaner is great if you need to clean and disinfect a certain bathroom fixture, but you can't afford a maid.

 

Neither is universally great. 

 

At my financial/credit stage, I wouldn't use a NF credit card for any real spending, any more than I would substitute bowl cleaner for chicken gravy.

I mostly use them for their yearly BT offers.  Having NO FEE for a Balance Transfer is a nice perk too!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The last post in this topic was posted 1490 days ago. 

 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      185291
    • Most Online
      2046

    Newest Member
    BREAURHODES0624
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines