goldtrad

NFCU Balance Transfer

3 hours ago, Krish said:

After reading the email I got, I think it is on a new card application, not the existing card.

-----------Here is the email wording....

As a valued Navy Federal cardholder, you can achieve financial victory with a 0% intro APR on balance transfers for 12 months. After that, a variable APR between 7.99% and 18% applies.

Just open a Navy Federal Platinum credit card and transfer your balance from another lender.

Is that a new email? The Platinum had a 0% BT offer through the end of last year, and the website now shows 1.99%.

My email was different. 

"Achieve financial victory with a 0% APR on balance transfers for 12 months. After that, your standard variable APR applies. Just transfer your balance from another lender to your existing Navy Federal Credit Card ending in xxxx. Hurry - offer expires Feb. 28."

9 hours ago, nooneimportant said:

Is that a new email? The Platinum had a 0% BT offer through the end of last year, and the website now shows 1.99%.

My email was different. 

"Achieve financial victory with a 0% APR on balance transfers for 12 months. After that, your standard variable APR applies. Just transfer your balance from another lender to your existing Navy Federal Credit Card ending in xxxx. Hurry - offer expires Feb. 28."

Your offer is different and mine was for a new card.

Do you have to be a NFCU member to get the card and BT offer?  The closest military relative I have is a cousin. If so, are there any other good credit union BT offers?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Krish said:

Your offer is different and mine was for a new card.

It looks like the offer is different depending on what card you currently have.  The 0% offer is only on the platinum card.  All the other cards have a 1.99% BT offer.  So if you have a platinum card you would get noone's email, whereas if you have a different card like you (and me) you get the 1.99% offer.  I am going to ask if I do a PC to platinum if I'd be eligible for the 0% deal.

ETA - Called NFCU and was told you can't PC to a platinum to get the 0%, only was is to open. new platinum (or if you have one).

Edited by CTSoxFan

54 minutes ago, CTSoxFan said:

It looks like the offer is different depending on what card you currently have.  The 0% offer is only on the platinum card.  All the other cards have a 1.99% BT offer.  So if you have a platinum card you would get noone's email, whereas if you have a different card like you (and me) you get the 1.99% offer.  I am going to ask if I do a PC to platinum if I'd be eligible for the 0% deal.

ETA - Called NFCU and was told you can't PC to a platinum to get the 0%, only was is to open. new platinum (or if you have one).

I received the 0% offer e-mail as well and I only have the Cash Rewards card.

3 hours ago, ep2015 said:

I received the 0% offer e-mail as well and I only have the Cash Rewards card.

Read the email closely.  Does it say "Just open a Navy Platinum Card". Or "Just transfer a balance"?  The former is what people who don't have a platinum card currently are getting, the latter fort those that have a platinum card currently. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CTSoxFan said:

Read the email closely.  Does it say "Just open a Navy Platinum Card". Or "Just transfer a balance"?  The former is what people who don't have a platinum card currently are getting, the latter fort those that have a platinum card currently. 

For your reference, it is open a Platinum.uLE0b8X.png

Edited by Zanshiro

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, CTSoxFan said:

What I have looks just like the image Zanshiro posted except it shows all of the NFCU credit cards and says trasnfer your balance to your card ending in XXXX. I don't have and have never had the Platinum Card only the Cash Rewards.

Edited by ep2015

9 hours ago, Zanshiro said:

For your reference, it is open a Platinum.uLE0b8X.png

I got the same email and I have cash rewards. It says to open a platinum card AND transfer your balance.

9 hours ago, Krish said:

I got the same email and I have cash rewards. It says to open a platinum card AND transfer your balance.

Well, yes...this is the BT thread, so I didn't point out that part, but it's for new opening only BT XD

"You’ll save money on interest and conquer your debt with a 1.99% APR on balance transfers for 12 months. Just transfer your balance from another lender to your existing Navy Federal Credit Card. After that, your standard variable APR applies.1"

Wife just got a flat 1.99% offer.  I got a 0% offer.  No need to open any new accounts.  Wife can use any card for offer, I can only use my CashRewards.  

So I ended up just taking my 15 month 2% of balance 0% interest rate offer from PNC as I got nothing at all from Navy. 

23 minutes ago, goldtrad said:

So I ended up just taking my 15 month 2% of balance 0% interest rate offer from PNC as I got nothing at all from Navy. 

2% isn't so shabby.  

7 hours ago, PotO said:

"You’ll save money on interest and conquer your debt with a 1.99% APR on balance transfers for 12 months. Just transfer your balance from another lender to your existing Navy Federal Credit Card. After that, your standard variable APR applies.1"

Wife just got a flat 1.99% offer.  I got a 0% offer.  No need to open any new accounts.  Wife can use any card for offer, I can only use my CashRewards.  

It is disengenuous to say "You'll save money on interest...". They have no way of knowing if you will or if you won't.

8 hours ago, cv91915 said:

It is disengenuous to say "You'll save money on interest...". They have no way of knowing if you will or if you won't.

Of course.  Everybody knows that free costs more than not free.  :rolleyes:  

3 hours ago, PotO said:

Well, I moved my soon-to-be expiring 0% (BofA) on to this 0% so... technically no difference xD

2 hours ago, Zanshiro said:

Well, I moved my soon-to-be expiring 0% (BofA) on to this 0% so... technically no difference xD

An expiring 0% -- surprise, surprise -- will expire and no longer be 0%.  The new 0% will be 0% after the old 0% is no longer 0%.

Two ways to look at this:

1.  It's always wise to compare apples to apples; or

2.  Math is your friend.

Pick one. 

22 hours ago, PotO said:

15 hours ago, cv91915 said:

It is disingenuous to say "You'll save money on interest...". They have no way of knowing if you will or if you won't.

6 hours ago, PotO said:

I was quoting the offer.

1.99% may not be lower than what the consumer is already paying (why would I BT $30k of my 1.74% debt to 1.99%?).

"After that, your standard variable APR applies" is where the real pitfall is for most people, however. 

15 hours ago, PotO said:

An expiring 0% -- surprise, surprise -- will expire and no longer be 0%.  The new 0% will be 0% after the old 0% is no longer 0%.

Two ways to look at this:

1.  It's always wise to compare apples to apples; or

2.  Math is your friend.

Pick one. 

Got both, and if I didn't move it there, I'd move it to another 0%...so it was more proving the humor in CV's comment.  This 0% will also expire if nothing's done with it...so then you're back to your same old pears to oranges.  Why does no one compare guava to durian, I mean, sheesh?!

24 minutes ago, Zanshiro said:

Got both, and if I didn't move it there, I'd move it to another 0%...so it was more proving the humor in CV's comment.  This 0% will also expire if nothing's done with it...so then you're back to your same old pears to oranges.  Why does no one compare guava to durian, I mean, sheesh?!

Where I am, durian is illegal.

Thank God for small favors.  :lol:

18 hours ago, PotO said:

Where I am, durian is illegal.

Thank God for small favors.  :lol:

You know you love stinky fruit! :D

6 hours ago, Zanshiro said:

You know you love stinky fruit! :D

Fruit ... maybe not that bad.  In moderation.  Durian ice-cream is good.  I'm gonna visit Arkansas soon and if I end up with durian pie, it's good.

But never bean curd.  There's a stinky bean curd that is absolutely horrid. 

I love durians, but they are an aquired taste. And a menace on public transport.

It has been said they smell like [s---]*, look like [s---] and taste like [s---].
So first-timers might want to start with durian ice cream.
It smells like [s---] and tastes like [s---] - but it looks like ice cream.

*[s---] - CB would autocorrect this to "chocolate", which would be extremely misleading.

28 minutes ago, Occam said:

I love durians, but they are an aquired taste. And a menace on public transport.

It has been said they smell like [s---]*, look like [s---] and taste like [s---].
So first-timers might want to start with durian ice cream.
It smells like [s---] and tastes like [s---] - but it looks like ice cream.

*[s---] - CB would autocorrect this to "chocolate", which would be extremely misleading.

As much as I dislike durian, it's not as bad as you say.

What is really bad is stinky bean curd.