Gardening help

XScottX

The last post in this topic was posted 1480 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

My reports are clean, minus 1 "paid collection" from ERC that I am currently still fighting. This only reports on TU and for obvious reason I dont use TU for anything directly. 

I have 6 HPs on XP and EX over the last year. 

I have 1 unsecured personal loan thats 6 months old 

I have been turned down on every card EXCEPT I did apply to chase, and they requested my SS card. The problem with this is, I had to get a new SS card, and while waiting for that, my house got wrecked from a hurricane, and it got back burnered. I am 99% sure I am beyond the HP limit of responding to Chase but will call tomorrow (i just found the letter of req) 

After getting the Personal loan last year my xp took a big hit, and probably (well actually i know) put me into 640 range, nearly a 100 point hit, according to the same bank. I went in for a car loan on an out of state car deal last week, and the loan officer botched up my deal i had done, by dragging her feet, took 4 days before she got back to me and the car was sold. This is when she told me that my score fell and it wouldve ended up being subprime at 12.5% FK THAT

So I am asking for advice on 

1. What to do with these erc idiots. I have sent letters to everyone I have pounded TW Cable to the point where theyve been having their counselors calling me to tell me they wont recall a "paid collection" I have never spoke with, communicated with anyone on a prior debt except with TW, and it was handled 3 years ago. 

2. What to do with Chase. Would at this point a recon call do much good at all? I already took a HP on it but suspect it would be a second, granted my EX should still be in the 7's somewhere. 

3. Should I get a NFCU secure and a Discover secure? 

Just a weird spot to be in when i have no revolvers but cant seem to get one either, and have nothing negative on my reports (except tu with erc)

26 minutes ago, XScottX said:

My reports are clean, minus 1 "paid collection" from ERC that I am currently still fighting. This only reports on TU and for obvious reason I dont use TU for anything directly. 

I have 6 HPs on XP and EX over the last year. 

I have 1 unsecured personal loan thats 6 months old 

I have been turned down on every card EXCEPT I did apply to chase, and they requested my SS card. The problem with this is, I had to get a new SS card, and while waiting for that, my house got wrecked from a hurricane, and it got back burnered. I am 99% sure I am beyond the HP limit of responding to Chase but will call tomorrow (i just found the letter of req) 

After getting the Personal loan last year my xp took a big hit, and probably (well actually i know) put me into 640 range, nearly a 100 point hit, according to the same bank. I went in for a car loan on an out of state car deal last week, and the loan officer botched up my deal i had done, by dragging her feet, took 4 days before she got back to me and the car was sold. This is when she told me that my score fell and it wouldve ended up being subprime at 12.5% FK THAT

So I am asking for advice on 

1. What to do with these erc idiots. I have sent letters to everyone I have pounded TW Cable to the point where theyve been having their counselors calling me to tell me they wont recall a "paid collection" I have never spoke with, communicated with anyone on a prior debt except with TW, and it was handled 3 years ago. 

2. What to do with Chase. Would at this point a recon call do much good at all? I already took a HP on it but suspect it would be a second, granted my EX should still be in the 7's somewhere. 

3. Should I get a NFCU secure and a Discover secure? 

Just a weird spot to be in when i have no revolvers but cant seem to get one either, and have nothing negative on my reports (except tu with erc)

It's illogical that a new personal loan would cause your FICO score to drop by 100 points.  There's something else going on.

Edited by cv91915

The 100 point hit (ish) other than some HP's, that is the only thing I've received. Granted it reports at 100% utilization, but on revolving it shouldnt matter.

If I recall initially the hit was around 50, then 3 hp's.

I should add, I almost think the UW at the bank, changed models. Using privacy guard, the bank said my score was higher than PG was telling me, and this time far less.

Edited by XScottX

2 hours ago, XScottX said:

The 100 point hit (ish) other than some HP's, that is the only thing I've received. Granted it reports at 100% utilization, but on revolving it shouldnt matter.

If I recall initially the hit was around 50, then 3 hp's.

I should add, I almost think the UW at the bank, changed models. Using privacy guard, the bank said my score was higher than PG was telling me, and this time far less.

The skores you get from Privacy Guard are meaningless. 

From the front page of their web site:

2 Your credit scores are provided by CreditXpert, Inc. and indicate your relative credit risk level for educational purposes. They may vary between bureaus and are not the scores used by lenders. Your scores may not be identical or similar to scores you receive directly from credit agencies or other sources.

1 hour ago, XScottX said:

Yes I know they're fako, just bench marking. I'm just saying right around the time I got the loan, I may have lost some aged accounts. 

June same bank said 765, dec bank says 640, no new accounts, just inq's

Benchmarking against something that is meaningless is meaningless.  

Separately you aren't going to lose 125 FICO points solely due to inquiries plus the passage of time.

I am not following your interpretation of events at all.

When I got the unsecured loan, the banker told me I scored 765. Nothing else happened from my end, until car ap, and I scored 640, from the bankers mouth.

I may have aged off a couple accounts. I had 3 more inq for cards, that's it. 

On eq using PG algorithm I've lost 20 or so, and same on exp. Even if the score is not FICO, it's still using a formula to establish a number to track and isnt, just out of thin air. 

• Admin
3 hours ago, XScottX said:

When I got the unsecured loan, the banker told me I scored 765. Nothing else happened from my end, until car ap, and I scored 640, from the bankers mouth.

When you got the unsecured loan, do you know which FICO variant Experian pulled?   When you got the car app, do you know which FICO variant Experian pulled?  There are ~ 30 different versions of FICO used by Experian that they sell to data subscribers.

I'll find out tomorrow from the banker. 

Ex and Eq each have 1 30 day late from nearly 7 years ago, outside of that both clean. Ex thin, eq thin with a good AU

Odd they hit both though. 

Last I checked fico, my car loan variant had my car loan scores in the 8's. 

The biggest thing is to thicken my file, even if it's some very seasoned AU tl's

I broke a golden rule of credit repair, and it paid off. I disputed the erc paid collection on CK, and it was deleted. 

I went through every gambit possible for 2 yrs with no change. I got CK Saturday, laid out, how I never were contacted, never had an account of any kind with the CA, and OC has been paid in full and 2 days later *poof

I am new to CB. I don't know what I've clicked on to show me this. I was trying to look up something to improve my credit I have awful credit and I thought CB could help me. I didn't mean to get a warning that my content needed to be approved by a moderator I apologize

• Admin
20 minutes ago, Grayc68 said:

I am new to CB. I don't know what I've clicked on to show me this. I was trying to look up something to improve my credit I have awful credit and I thought CB could help me. I didn't mean to get a warning that my content needed to be approved by a moderator I apologize

Welcome to CreditBoards.  Only your first few posts are moderated.   Glad you found us.  For the best advice, start your own thread.

17 hours ago, MarvBear said:

When you got the unsecured loan, do you know which FICO variant Experian pulled?   When you got the car app, do you know which FICO variant Experian pulled?  There are ~ 30 different versions of FICO used by Experian that they sell to data subscribers.

This was the response this morning. I havent any idea how to work with these models or even how to see what theyre predicating their model on. 

We don’t use FICO scores. Hancock Whitney uses Equifax’s Beacon scores. The first time we did the loan, your score was a Beacon764, but was at a “C” rating due to your credit line history and DTI etc. Your score came back at a “D” 678 Beacon score and a 611 Navigator Score

• Admin

Beacon is a trademark Equifax uses for their FICO scores.   They are real FICO scores.   There are also several variants that FICO has trademarked to Equifax.     If memory serves correctly the Navigator Score is a probability score to indicate the filing of a bankruptcy.   I do remember 211 not being a good score.  The score last I heard went from 100 to 300, and a low 200 something was not acceptable.

46 minutes ago, MarvBear said:

Beacon is a trademark Equifax uses for their FICO scores.   They are real FICO scores.   There are also several variants that FICO has trademarked to Equifax.     If memory serves correctly the Navigator Score is a probability score to indicate the filing of a bankruptcy.   I do remember 211 not being a good score.  The score last I heard went from 100 to 300, and a low 200 something was not acceptable.

No matter what in their model the personal loan without any Revolvers, dropped me about 85 points or so, and cranked up my UT. 

So with only 1 neg from 012, how can I thicken up my file in any meaningful way? My intention is to probably pay the personal loan down to where i have 6 payments left, but will have to replace that TL in June when its paid off. 

32 minutes ago, hegemony said:

why on earth would someone wanting credit ever opt out?

I think it's from "clean up" and I havent turned anything back on. Good catch, I totally had forgotten. When I pull next month I'll turn everything back on

So, now TU, is clean and has no inq, I guess I'll focus on going that route first. Ex will be free in April, and my EQ is june.

I'll have to wait and see where my TU score lands, to whether I go secured or not at navy fed

Edited by XScottX

Not really gardening help as I thought, but...check for prequals.  There are several out there, but if you're needing easier ins, see what CapOne gives you, they're a less strict lender, and an unsecured seems likely by what you're saying.  If you do t get an offer at first, try again in (IIRC) 15 days.  See if something pops up then.

https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/prequalify

The last post in this topic was posted 1480 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.