Received reply to inquiry from Rausch

The last post in this topic was posted 840 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I snail mailed a response to Rausch, Sturm who are handling an account from portfolio recovery. I offered to settle for about 20% of original amount and said if they didn’t agree then I would ask for verification. 

Their response didn’t reply to the offer, they just cited Chaudhry v. Gellerizzo, 174 F. 3rd 394, 406 (4th Circuit 1998) “verification of a debt involves nothing more than the debt collector confirming in writing that the amount being demanded is what the creditor is claiming is owed.”

any advice as to how I should reply? 

Have you actually READ the Opinion in Chaudhry?  The entities that cite it tend NOT to have read it or else they would not take a very fact-specific decision as out of context as they always tend to do...

There is a LOT of good information in that Opinion that can be used to YOUR advantage.  I seem to recall having advanced some thoughts on the case several years ago and there may be a thread related specifically to the case...

That being said, ALL inquiries to a third party should contain a measure of specificity precisely because it places them on notice of what is actually being disputed. 

• 1 month later...

The last post in this topic was posted 840 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.