Sign in to follow this  
creditmaze

Master Grocery Stores 2 Pts or More Thread

Please add to this thread of grocery stores that earn the maximum amount of grocery spend points. This thread is for all category rewards cards so please also list your rewards card. I have the Amex Everyday Card. If a grocery store is coded by the merchant as a warehouse or club store like Target, Costco or Walmart it will only earn 1 point. The challenge is determining how the stores code and apparenting Amex doesn't control that so they don't provide a comprehensive list. You just have to make a small purchase like I did at Smart and Final and wait to see if you earned only 1 point or more. This thread is not meant for 2 point all spend rewards cards. I'll start below.

Amex Gold (formerly known as PRG)

4 MRs per dollar up to 25k spend per cardmember year.

14 minutes ago, mec said:

Amex Gold (formerly known as PRG)

4 MRs per dollar up to 25k spend per cardmember year.

All spend?

I'm sorry. I misunderstood your post. You are looking for examples of stores that categorize as grocery for amex cards.

Edited by mec

7 hours ago, mec said:

I'm sorry. I misunderstood your post. You are looking for examples of stores that categorize as grocery for amex cards.

I am looking for examples of stores that categorize as groceries for rewards such as Discover, Chase Freedom, Amex Blue , Amex Everyday, etc. 

Example: I googled Smart and Final groceries and in the "about Smart and Final" tab it mentioned it started like a wholesale warehouse without charging a membership fee. So if they code transactions as warehouse I would only earn 1 point spend on my cc.

I know that the coding for retailers can vary between Visa and Amex. I'm not sure if MasterCard and Discover share coding with Visa or have there own. 

One other issues -- AMEX classifies specialty shops (i.e. liquor stores, cheese stores, etc) as Grocery however they only give you one point per dollar. Very disappointed by that actually.

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Zo1919
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines