amythyst

Next Best Bank/CU to Switch to?

Hi, I'm 99% sure I'm going to be filing for BK soon.  I will in the process burn the best CU ever *cries* NFCU... I currently use them for all my banking needs.   Super upset to burn my bridges with them but wondering who would be your "next" in line best bank/CU for general banking?  I love Navy's interface and their transfer process(es) ... I do have other CUs but I will also be burning DCU.  The other CU's (which I don't have any outstanding loans/cards on) which I've never used for actual banking are Penfed, Nasa FCU, JFCU and Partners FCU.   I'm not super thrilled about any of the interfaces on these but do you guys have any other recommendations for me to switch my everyday checking/savings accounts to?  

What options do you have locally? Compare and contrast the features of each. Alliant is not bad and Consumers Credit Union or WyHy is a decent option for Rewards Checking account

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have been using Elements aside from NFCU.  The best push / pull ACH that I have though I wish they had instant verification of outside accounts.  Check have been available instantly when I deposited using mobile app.  They give a free monthly EQ FICO 08 and 2% checking...  No way to save NFCU huh?  That sucks.

Question as posed is much too broad to help.  

List some objective requirements and you may get some useful info.  No one can tell you if you'll be "super thrilled" with another bank's web site or app design.  

I think Enneffseeyou's technology is mediocre at best, but many people are suspicious of my opinions when they learn that I don't like ketchup.

Well I just wanted some opinions of the banks that people use and which ones they really like.  I am giving the example that I love NFCU's website and interface... so something with similar features.  I want something that will be easy to set up external transfer accounts, easy mobile banking/check deposit, something with easy online bill pay, something that allows me to easily add and see "joint" accounts or minor accounts and be able to transfer money between them.  Something that allows me to customize the names of my accounts/order them.

Edited by amythyst

21 minutes ago, nooneimportant said:

NFCU is pretty nice for rebuilding.  Any way you can transfer that debt before BK and burn someone else instead?

I don't see how... it will be at least 3 months or so before I actually pull the trigger but I have a 30k visa balance, an auto loan and my mortgage with them.  I do plan on keeping my auto with them and the mortgage but I don't have anything I can move the 30k to.  It saddens me a lot as well cause I have a nice 50k limit card with them. :(

3 hours ago, amythyst said:

Well I just wanted some opinions of the banks that people use and which ones they really like.  I am giving the example that I love NFCU's website and interface... so something with similar features.  I want something that will be easy to set up external transfer accounts, easy mobile banking/check deposit, something with easy online bill pay, something that allows me to easily add and see "joint" accounts or minor accounts and be able to transfer money between them.  Something that allows me to customize the names of my accounts/order them.

Almost everything on your list comes with most checking/savings accounts in 2018.  

The item I highlighted in red (specifically the part about minors) and the last sentence in blue (especially changing the sequence in which accounts appear) are where input might be useful.  

20 hours ago, chicagorich said:

Don't foget the cross collateralization not uncommon with credit unions. Make sure they'll give you the title to the car eventually.

They won't.  They'll put the car in default in the blink of an eye.  Seen it a million times.  Not sure about mortgages, though.

21 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

KBkR9DZ.jpg

Shame on NFCU for holding people to the legal agreements they've entered into.

25 minutes ago, PotO said:

Shame on NFCU for holding people to the legal agreements they've entered into.

I have no issue with that.

What perpetually bothers me is all of the nonsense people believe about credit unions.

1 hour ago, cv91915 said:

I have no issue with that.

What perpetually bothers me is all of the nonsense people believe about credit unions.

Such as?

23 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

We should take a poll.

Aside from CV, how many Einsteins think credit unions are charitable organizations?

29 minutes ago, PotO said:

We should take a poll.

Aside from CV, how many Einsteins think credit unions are charitable organizations?

raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786.jpg

5 hours ago, PotO said:

We should take a poll.

Credit Unions do have one thing in common with charitable organizations - they don't pay taxes as a "non-profit organization"

4 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

Credit Unions do have one thing in common with charitable organizations - they don't pay taxes as a "non-profit organization"

True.  And that's a plus.  When someone burns them, they can't recover their loss from taxpayers.  It's their investors --  us -- that get burned.  You know, "us" as in you, I and the odd whiny little baby or two who thinks the sky is falling. 

Help me out with something here.  I needed ten grand to pay for moving expenses that the government won't reimburse for another few months.  You, being a great pal, lend me the cash.  While overseas I ask you to hold on to a small tube of gold coins that I have no other place to store.  Again, you're a great buddy and since you happen to have a really secure wall safe, you agree.  

A few months go by and I've paid you back $1,000 a month and only owe you $8,000 now.  I get my reimbursement from Uncle Sam but <insert lame reason why here> I don't give you the rest of what I owe you.  Ever.  And I tell you to FOAD.  

After a while I call you and say, "Hey, buddy, can you please send me that tube of coins I left with you?"  Now, finish that picture for us, please.  Remember, you're my good friend.