Sign in to follow this  
luckydriver

citi 2x card. what are my approval chances

burned them in 2005 so assumed i'm blacklisted. 2nd bk in '14 (not with citi)

Discover fico 646

Cap 1 fico 730

Paypal fico 656

Psecu fico 691

Dcu fico 687

i was approved  a few months ago for the citi exxon card but i do not have a post paid phone in my name and thats how they obtain identity and even after talking to executive offices they told me nothing they can do. also my cable company does not participate in their verification program so they cannot even verify me by my home phone number ive had for 24 years. sigh.  but my official letter said 'cannot verify identity' . i'm assuming if my BK or credit was an issue, wouldnt that letter have said so? or does being approved for one citi card have nothing to do with chances for another?

perfect credit since bk. virtually zero CC debt today. just heloc and car loan and one other installment loan (all obtained this summer).

just got auto CLI from cap 1 of 1000 but doubt that comes into play. 

Exxon is retail. Is your bk from 14 reporting?

You may be able to get Best Buy. But as far as their brands cards unlikely. Jmho 

My fico is about 700, BK Reporting from 2010.  I have had the Exxon card since 2015 and Best Buy since I think 2014.  I was recently approved for Citi 2x Cash, with $4,000 limit.  YMMV.