dispute or leave it be

The last post in this topic was posted 809 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hey guys, its been a long time but had a quick question.

I pulled my annual report today and was expecting all the old collections to be gone. They all were besides one from portfolio. I believe the DOFD on the original account was 9/2011 problem is the original account is no longer on my report so im not 100% certain on that date. The original creditor was World Financial Bank 

On the credit report is shows the account placed for collection on 05/2014
It shows that it is expected to be removed 09/2019
The amount owed is just shy of $1400 
I live in Ohio 

Im not planning on buying a house or car in the next 9 months, and im only 90% certain the original DOFD was 9/2011 but wouldnt it still be on the report if it was later than that? 

In a nutshell I dont need this to be off the report right now but sure would love to see it gone. Is it worth messing with or better off just to let it sit another 9 months?

thanks in advance 

14 hours ago, pacemaker67 said:

Do you have any old reports saved that would show the OC on there after DOFD?

I looked last night and couldnt find one. I did look back on my old posts on this board and 3 years ago i stated the DOFD was 8/10/11 so im 99% sure its been over the 7 years

14 hours ago, hegemony said:

Assuming it is out of SOL for your state and type of debt, I would dispute it via CMRR. Accounts aged off can still remain on FF reports. Getting it removed may pay dividend on your pursuit of the other 50% of credit repair.,

According to whychats cheat sheet the SOL for ohio is 6 years for credit cards and 8 years for written contracts. Which would this fall under?

2 hours ago, petebill said:

According to whychats cheat sheet the SOL for ohio is 6 years for credit cards and 8 years for written contracts. Which would this fall under?

What type of account did you have with them? 

I only know WFB as an issuer of deer pee credit cards. 

Regardless of SOL, it would see that you can try for early exclusion.  I can't recall which does what but there are threads out there on how to to approach each one.  It is now past 7 years if that DOFD is correct.  Is the law 7 years and four months?  I think it is TU that lists all mine as due to come off in exactly 7 years.  I bet you could get it off sooner than what is listed.

Where you can DOCUMENT that something is beyond the window for reporting, then you stop searching for cut and paste letters and you send a letter that is specific and highlights that the matter is beyond the statutory window for reporting.  Such a letter can be done without the need to admit to ownership of the amount in controversy. 

4 hours ago, cv91915 said:

What type of account did you have with them? 

I only know WFB as an issuer of deer pee credit cards. 

It was a gander mountain store card.  

the whole written contract thing confuses me though since technically i signed a written contract accepting the card. 

5 hours ago, petebill said:

It was a gander mountain store card.  

the whole written contract thing confuses me though since technically i signed a written contract accepting the card. 

Deer pee credit cards fall under the credit card statute.

The last post in this topic was posted 809 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.