Sign in to follow this  
EADAMS

Suppressing and Freezing ChexsystemSuppressing and Freezing Chexsystemss

Others have posted about successful approvals when they froze Chexsystems.  There is no hard and fast rule, it depends on the bank or credit union.

Here's a previous post from RocketGoBoom about freezing LexisNexis:

Search in this forum for other posts using the words, "froze, freezing or freeze".

Perhaps others can also respond about their experiences freezing ARS and Sagestream when applying for a checking or savings account.

If you freeze a Chex file, they can always pull it later once its unfrozen. Activating bill bay, certain debt card transactions (those associated with online gambling, for example) overdraft protection, etc. have been known to trigger a pull.

A best practice is to keep one or more non-Chexsystems accounts until your file is clear.

Edited by tmcgill

For retail banking, banks usually don't bother with Sagestream or ARS. Freezing Chex will prompt another CRA soft pull or EWS. I have Chex frozen along with LN, however, I was able to get in with BoA and HSBC with a two years old EWS entry from BoA. 

As tmcgill stated, any checks order, debit card order, bill pay activation, or couple return payments could possibly trigger a pull.  

I have some personal experience with this as I tend to keep my Chex on ice.  Some banks try to pull and it appears "blank" and they will open the account. However, some banks it appears to be "frozen" or gives them an error message and cannot open the account. So it's hit or miss, depending on the bank.