frank92555

Free TrustedID Going Away?

I got this message for both my wife and I:

"This email is a follow-up to the notice you recently received from Equifax about the opportunity for another year of complimentary credit monitoring. Equifax® has chosen Experian® to provide you with this additional year of free credit monitoring services through their IDnotify™ product. Equifax offered complimentary TrustedID® Premier so consumers could obtain free monitoring services following the Equifax 2017 cybersecurity incident."

It appears odd that Equifax would use Experian to give out their free service. Unless they are trying to get more people to pay for the EQ info in a lost revenue type of situation. Did any one else get this? I kind of liked my free daily reports when I wanted them.

GOOD RIDDANCE!

I received the same email and only signed-up for Trusted ID because Equifax had determined that I was definitely included in their grossly negligent data breach.  Even at FREE this product was way overpriced. 

For every new card that I opened this year, Equifax only generated a Trusted ID Alert of a new account reporting for 1 or 2 CRA's and the CRA's always varied, they never once provided 3 alerts indicating that each CRA was reporting a new account, even though the account was in fact already reported.

I signed up for the EX product they offered. I want to see if I can get a new report every day like the EQ or once per month. I also want to see if they give you a full report or just update inquiries and new accounts. 

2 hours ago, frank92555 said:

I signed up for the EX product they offered. I want to see if I can get a new report every day like the EQ or once per month. I also want to see if they give you a full report or just update inquiries and new accounts. 

Interested, let us know your experiences.

7 hours ago, DigDeep said:

As crappy as the product is, I will miss the ability to see soft inquiries whenever I want.

Yes the soft inqs were nice.

16 hours ago, DigDeep said:

As crappy as the product is, I will miss the ability to see soft inquiries whenever I want.

Good point and that was the only thing I liked about TrustedID.

On 12/8/2018 at 3:42 AM, frank92555 said:

I signed up for the new product and so far it seems like they don't provide any option to get a new report.  

On 12/11/2018 at 7:12 PM, PotO said:

I signed up for the new product and so far it seems like they don't provide any option to get a new report.  

Will they let you have access to both products until Trustedid sunsets?

30 minutes ago, DigDeep said:

Will they let you have access to both products until Trustedid sunsets?

Yes.  Both are currently working for me.