Sign in to follow this  
Startacus

Insurance High Due To Accident Wrongly Listed As My Fault on LexisNexis

Hi I was just informed from an insurance agent that the reason my car insurance is high is because I was listed on Lexis Nexis with an At-Fault accident last year. I was hit from the rear by a distracted driver and have the police report for the date in question which clearly shows he was the contributor and I was not. Yet when I went to obtain insurance my rate is almost triple what it should be. The claim itself was paid by the other insurance company, not mine. I'm at a loss. How do I get this corrected? Thank you.

If your agent is worth a damn, then they SHOULD be able to get an override after you supplied them with the accident report and all court-related documents.  If they cannot, then it is time to find a new carrier...

In the interim, you ALSO need to get a copy of the CLUE report to see what ELSE is showing on there...

Thanks for the quick and thorough response. I went ahead and ordered the CLUE auto claims report just now and they said I'd receive it in 15 business days. I didn't even know it was possible for a consumer to obtain this information. My current insurance on the new(er) vehicle is $310 a month for 1 car with 1000 deduct comp/coll/underins/etc. When I checked around, it seemed that all of the rates were considerably less until I went to finalize the rate - in which the rate skyrocketed. This particular agent told me I qualified for $99 a month (or $129 or 143 depending on carrier). but of course when it went to finalize it doubled to almost $300 down and $210 a month. This is less, however, with no tickets, violations, at fault accidents, I was thinking my rate should have been substantially lower. Further, the car I chose is supposedly one of the least expensive to insure. So I was at a loss. When I asked the agent why, he told me of the LexisNexis info saying I had an AAF At Fault Accident in 2017. I told him it was untrue and I had evidence to support it. Anyways I really appreciate your response and info.. Thanks a lot!