Sign in to follow this  
SentMol

Received a notice from law firm help!!!

Living in Texas and law firm has Texas address. Was contacted by Rausch Sturm law firm who say they are representing portfolio recovery associates. 

They list the original owner of debt as Barclays credit card so I know it’s real. I want to pay the debt.  It isn’t past the 4 year statute in Texas because original debt is from 2016. 

However, They do not indicate an offer. They just indicate I can contact them via phone or mail to discuss options.

Should I wait till they make an offer? Should I call them or write a letter? I’ve seen websites discussing advantages of both calling and mailing so I’m not sure. 

I can afford to pay as much as 2000 of the listed 10k. Or can I do some kind of hardship payment plan?  The law firm haven’t offered either option. PortfolioRecovery did, but I guess these guys have the debt now, so should I make a first offer or wait?