nlocker

No More Amex FICO?

I logged in to check my Amex FICO score and all I could find was the option to sign up for a free Transunion report and a Vantage score. 

Ugh.  Those fako scores are worthless to me.

I just went and checked...only got that with the SPG card.  Did not get it with my other two cards. 

If this continues to hold true, it would make me wonder if it was related to the SPG/Marriott hack/breach. 

1 hour ago, nlocker said:

I logged in to check my Amex FICO score and all I could find was the option to sign up for a free Transunion report and a Vantage score. 

I should add that I got this with the EveryDay card.  It was my only card with an EX FICO.  Dangit.

Edited by nlocker

1 hour ago, nlocker said:

I should add that I got this with the EveryDay card.  It was my only card with an EX FICO.  Dangit.

Free monthly EX FICO 08 with Discover Credit ScorecardCard membership not required.

I still have my scores. I just checked my Everyday card and I got a Dec 1 update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still seeing a true FICO score on Plat and CashMagnet.  Only SPG has the other thing described by OP...not signing up for it though.

For now, at least, it appears the link to "View FICO Score" has been moved to another page on my account.

I found the link under Account Services, at the bottom of the Personal Details section. 

The score has not updated for December yet (usually happens between the 2nd-7th of the month).  I'm hoping it actually updates and that the link doesn't eventually disappear. 

36 minutes ago, HoldenMcGroin said:

This apparently doesn't work if your report is frozen.

It works for me and my reports haven't been unfrozen for years.

I think they might need to be unfrozen for the first time, then after that you can freeze them and not have any problems.

17 minutes ago, PotO said:

It works for me and my reports haven't been unfrozen for years.

I think they might need to be unfrozen for the first time, then after that you can freeze them and not have any problems.

Well when I logged into my old account, the report showing was from 2016 so at least at one point they were able to show me my score. 

You are unlucky.  My reports have been frozen for years and I get my Discover (and every other bank) FICO Score regularly.

18 minutes ago, PotO said:

You are unlucky.  My reports have been frozen for years and I get my Discover (and every other bank) FICO Score regularly.

Do you have any Discover cards? I'm just wondering if that makes a difference when it comes to Discover Scorecard and frozen credit reports.

10 hours ago, nlocker said:

Do you have any Discover cards? I'm just wondering if that makes a difference when it comes to Discover Scorecard and frozen credit reports.

I am the proud owner of a Discover card.  My wife, however, is not and while her reports are frozen, she gets her Scorecard updated frequently.

My understanding is that your report(s) need to be unfrozen for them to get a score the first time, but then after that first time you can re-freeze them and they can continue to get updated scores.  

Edited by PotO

14 hours ago, PotO said:

I am the proud owner of a Discover card.  My wife, however, is not and while her reports are frozen, she gets her Scorecard updated frequently.

My understanding is that your report(s) need to be unfrozen for them to get a score the first time, but then after that first time you can re-freeze them and they can continue to get updated scores.  

Thanks, I appreciate the info!

On 12/5/2018 at 11:53 AM, nlocker said:

For now, at least, it appears the link to "View FICO Score" has been moved to another page on my account.

I found the link under Account Services, at the bottom of the Personal Details section. 

The score has not updated for December yet (usually happens between the 2nd-7th of the month).  I'm hoping it actually updates and that the link doesn't eventually disappear. 

To update, my Amex homepage still shows the offer for the free TU report/Vantage score. 

The link to view my FICO score is still around though.  I click on the Account Services link, then look under the Personal Details section.  My score updated a couple days ago for December, so it's still an active feature on my account.  It just takes a couple extra clicks to get to it now.

ugh, now mine's switched over as well it appears.

The "View your FICO score" link is gone, and there's instead a link reading "Free Credit Score and Report" that, when clicked, prompts me to sign up for the AmEx MyCredit Guide VantageSkore crap.

As of yesterday morning, i was able to get my actual FICO through AmEx still.

17 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

ugh, now mine's switched over as well it appears.

The "View your FICO score" link is gone, and there's instead a link reading "Free Credit Score and Report" that, when clicked, prompts me to sign up for the AmEx MyCredit Guide VantageSkore crap.

As of yesterday morning, i was able to get my actual FICO through AmEx still.

Try this...  I discovered my FICO score is still available on Amex, the link is just moved to a different page.

• Click on the Account Services link at the top of your account page.
  • Click on Personal Details. The FICO score link should be in this section.

20 minutes ago, nlocker said:

Try this...  I discovered my FICO score is still available on Amex, the link is just moved to a different page.

• Click on the Account Services link at the top of your account page.
  • Click on Personal Details. The FICO score link should be in this section.

thanks - that works (and i actually saw the post above mine shortly after I clicked Submit... ha).

I wonder how long until they take the "actual" FICO away from us...