trying2getbackin

Experian Credit Check Total-what the he**????????

I have had this service for the last 3 years, 24.99 per month for daily pulls on all 3 bureaus.  Today I could log in, I called and was told I was "upgraded" to their new platform.  The monthly charge is the same, but instead of daily pulls on all 3, it is now only once every 90 days.  Pay the same but now get less!!  Also, the new layout is horrible!!  Anyone else been "upgraded" to?  How do you go back to the old system?  If you can't, where else do they provide daily reports and scores for all 3 bureaus?

Same sort of thing happened with CreditSecure a long time ago...they know that the majority of the sheep are not pulling on a daily basis and won't question the payment being processed. 

Not much that can be done. 

WTF indeed. I called and couldn't log in. It worked yesterday. I had no notice. The CSR said I was being upgraded for $99 per year. She did not mention the frequency of pulls. Did you say it was once every 90 days?!

She also said that the CCT site no longer works, she was "escalating" this case, and that I should give them a couple of days to figure it out. There's NO NOTICE on the CCT website. None. The login error said I wasn't in their database.

She also said I'd have access to my archived reports. I'd better. I can't even get in now.

I need and want and PAID FOR a daily pull. If I wanted a report every 90 days, I'd write them a snail mail letter and wait. GRRRR.

Edited by wingwalker

Same here. Hate it when they do this kind of crap. Going to just drop them and I have been with them over 10 years. I guess customer service is non-existent. Way to lose lots of customers!!

It's gone...  Wife's account just switched over.  They did it to me 2 months ago in switching me to Creditwise or whatever it is called.  Daily EX pulls with extra scores and 3B pulls every 30 days.  There is a dropdown that show the archived pulls but so far nothing there actually pulls up data.

Edited by pacemaker67

I was able to login and pull up my tri-report with FICOs as I was due yesterday.

Will wait to see how much they charge and when I can pull next Tri-reports.

14 hours ago, wingwalker said:

I need and want and PAID FOR a daily pull. If I wanted a report every 90 days, I'd write them a snail mail letter and wait. GRRRR.

Just out of curiosity, why do you need to pull every day?  

There is an Experian service that offers daily pulls and Equifax and TransUnion pulls monthly for $24.99 per month. It lets you 'lock' and unlock your Experian report on the web or through the app as often as you care to, and the Experian report gives you FICO 8 plus Mortgage score... FICO 2, Auto scores... FICO AUTO 2, FICO AUTO 8, Credit card lending scores...  FICO BANKCARD 2, FICO 3, FICO BANKCARD 8 daily as well.

The only real downside to switching services is loosing your score history.

4 hours ago, Morpheus1967 said:

SOME people LIKE seeing the report on a daily basis, which is ALL the reason they NEED to pull daily.  The 'updates' or 'alerts' do not always address the minutia that some people are looking for.  Not every change that is material has a score impact which is the focus of most of the sheeple baubles...

Further, SOME people actually want to get what they had contracted with a company to receive in exchange for the payment related TO the contract. 

4 hours ago, mec said:

There is an Experian service that offers daily pulls and Equifax and TransUnion pulls monthly for $24.99 per month. It lets you 'lock' and unlock your Experian report on the web or through the app as often as you care to, and the Experian report gives you FICO 8 plus Mortgage score... FICO 2, Auto scores... FICO AUTO 2, FICO AUTO 8, Credit card lending scores...  FICO BANKCARD 2, FICO 3, FICO BANKCARD 8 daily as well.

The only real downside to switching services is loosing your score history.

I'm not sure if I was clear that the monthly Eq & TU pulls only give you FICO 8 scores. Only the daily Experian report gives the additional FICO scores.

7 hours ago, Morpheus1967 said:

Now that I'm past the rebuild process, I need to keep an eye on how my accounts are reported. For example, one CU that brought their Visa accounts in-house a couple of months ago has messed up their reporting twice already (reporting the balance before a large payment was made... well ahead of time) and if that affects my profile and other accounts, I need to be aware of it.

On edit: I paid for the service, and I'm accustomed to staying on top of all my accounts. 

Edited by wingwalker
Additional info

3 hours ago, centex said:

SOME people LIKE seeing the report on a daily basis, which is ALL the reason they NEED to pull daily.  The 'updates' or 'alerts' do not always address the minutia that some people are looking for.  Not every change that is material has a score impact which is the focus of most of the sheeple baubles...

Further, SOME people actually want to get what they had contracted with a company to receive in exchange for the payment related TO the contract. 

Thank you, Centex. You said it much better than I did.

On 12/18/2018 at 10:29 AM, centex said:

I was actually asking the OP.  Not sure why you felt it necessary to answer for someone else.  

4 hours ago, Morpheus1967 said:

I was actually asking the OP.  Not sure why you felt it necessary to answer for someone else.  

I am not sure what part of a forum you don't understand...if you want a reply ONLY from one person, then you can always message them directly.  Otherwise, you are apt to see replies from multiple members of the forum. 

Oh, and by the way, the person to whom you HAD posed the question has replied in this very thread in a manner that indicates they agree with the manner in which I had replied. 

Tell them you are not getting the level of service that they agreed to provide and that you want a refund. If they refuse to give you a refund, it would be interesting to see what happens if you file a chargeback. 

I'm a bit confused. Is there any service left that provides daily credit pulls, or all they all gone now?

Edited by EvilCardLab

I signed up for a 3 month introductory offer of $8.97/month with Experian in December 2011.  Now it looks like with the upgrade they caught on as it now says the monthly rate of $8.97 expires February 2019.   I have only ever had the 90 day pull.   It was a good run while it lasted.  

The new layout is off putting.

Did Experian take over?  I use to use both sites, but now when I go to CCT, it seems to have redirected me to the Experian site. (yes I know it's powered by Experian)