CitiBank not reporting new balance - FICO 9

The last post in this topic was posted 1101 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hey guys 

I'm currently looking to get a mortgage loan. In order to do this, I need to do some tinkering.

My Credit Score on FICO 8 is in the 770s - 780s. However, FICO 9 shows at 699 from Experian.

The reason is that CitiBank has not yet reported it's new balance to the Bureaus. The utilization on CitiBank shows 110%. It's been at least 60 days, and still nothing (even though I closed the balanced to close to 0% on each statement). They're being quite the inconvenience currently with their delays.

Any suggestions? What can I do? This FICO score is really hurting me. I need to expedite this, and make CitiBank report last month's closing balance. As it's holding me back from loans I need.

Hey guys 

I'm currently looking to get a mortgage loan. In order to do this, I need to do some tinkering.

My Credit Score on FICO 8 is in the 770s - 780s. However, FICO 9 shows at 699 from Experian.

The reason is that CitiBank has not yet reported it's new balance to the Bureaus. The utilization on CitiBank shows 110%. It's been at least 60 days, and still nothing (even though I closed the balanced to close to 0% on each statement). They're being quite the inconvenience currently with their delays.

Any suggestions? What can I do? This FICO score is really hurting me. I need to expedite this, and make CitiBank report last month's closing balance. As it's holding me back from loans I need.

Challenge the balance with each bureau. It should update in about a week.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, dj2b4life said:

Hey guys 

Who uses FICO 9 for mortgage qualification?

Edited by cv91915
4 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Who uses FICO 9 for mortgage qualification?

No one.

Aside from that, your other FICO scores may not be up to date. 110% utilization should hit all the FICO scores though some are more sensitive than others. Get your current mortgage scores.

The last post in this topic was posted 1101 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By MarvBear
      REMINDER!
      Account Status 05 (Account transferred)
      to become obsolete for reporting
      Effective April 2022

As noted within Exhibit 4 (Account Status Codes) in the Credit Reporting Resource Guide (CRRG®) since 2020, Account Status 05 (Account Transferred) will become obsolete for reporting in April 2022.

Refer to the Transferred category within Exhibit 6 for a list of Special Comment Codes that should be used instead of Account Status 05. Refer to Frequently Asked Question & Answer 46 for guidance on reporting transferred accounts, and to Frequently Asked Question & Answer 47 for guidance on reporting sold accounts.

All guidance that relates to accounts being transferred or sold has previously been updated to advise that the Account Status should be reported as of the time of transfer or sale so no further updates will be made to existing CRRG® FAQs (46 & 47) as a result Account Status 05 being retired.

The Metro 2® Task Force recommends that data furnishers transition away from reporting Account Status 05 as soon as possible.

If there are any questions, please e-mail metro2info@cdiaonline.org.

Thank you,
      CDIA and Metro 2® Task Force

Metro 2® Webinar:
      Retirement of Account Status 05 (Transferred)
      Dec. 8, 2021 @ 2pm ET

Join us Dec 8, 2021 for the Metro 2® Webinar: Retirement of Account Status 05 (Transferred). Developed in collaboration with the Metro 2® Format Task Force, which includes experienced representatives from Equifax, Experian, Innovis, and TransUnion, this webinar will discuss how accounts that are transferred internally or to a servicer should be reported, as reflected in the 2021 Credit Reporting Resource Guide®.

The reporting of accurate data is an essential obligation of data furnishers under the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Account Status 05 will be retired for Credit Reporting in April 2022.

Presented by Pat Dubie, Training Consultant at Consumer Data Industry Association, this webinar will focus on the following discussion topics as they pertain to transferred accounts:

·     Use of the L1 Segment to identify the Identification Number and/or Account Number Change
      ·     Use of Special Comment Codes to identify the “transferred’ condition
      ·     FAQ #46

Duration: 45 minutes
      Cost: $245 per registration (incl. up to 5 individual participants login)

Your registration includes:
      ·   Access to the scheduled webinar and all handout materials
      ·   An audio re-play file of the event accessible online for up to one year, which can be shared internally with your team
      ·   Free download of the latest version of the Credit Reporting Resource Guide® (CRRG®)
      ·   The webinar is a single sign-on experience. 

Register Today!

If you can't join us for one of the scheduled webinars, you may register for the on-demand replay of this event. The on-demand replay as well as the handout material will be emailed to you approximately 48 hours after the purchase.

To view CDIA's Metro 2® attendance policy, please click here. 

Legal Disclaimer: CDIA's teleseminars are educational in nature and do not represent legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult an attorney in your jurisdiction.
    • By Simon3
      can any one tell me which bureaus does the Wells Fargo Business Platinum card report to
    • By CandiedCredit
      I sent out a validation letter to a medical collection on the 1st. today the 17th i got an alert that a new account was added. The account was never removed to my knowledge but it is the same Collection but now the balance says zero.  Why would they do this? I haven't received any response from them.   Should I wait the 30 days to see if they remove, or move forward with another letter?  Thanks for any response 
    • By Dawn0912
      I am trying to help a friend out that does not have access to the internet. He said the templates are nothing more than pre-done forms to remove or amend credit errors. I have been looking for hours. I was wondering if anything can either attach or tell me where to find them. 

Thank you!!
    • By CandiedCredit
      Hi everyone, I am a bit confused about a letter I have received from Wells Fargo. It is an old auto loan that was charged off in 2018 (repo).  I have only removed addresses and frozen lexisnexis,innovis, etc at this point. I received a letter from WF stating that due to the age of my account they are cancelling the balance, and will no longer attempt to collect. This seems strange to me that they would voluntarily cancel a debt before I've disputed anything. What should I do if anything regarding this letter. I'm hoping the credit Gods are just dropping a blessing down on me  

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    dookieblaylock

Important Information

Guidelines