Jump to content

titan220

Best way to get free report from EQ

Recommended Posts

In my very own tiny humble opinion, you're both right.  You can get more info to dispute using a paper report.  There's more info there.  However, I have never really had any problems disputing online and he's right - it's easier.  A lot easier.  And faster.  Of course I'm no expert, and I have done things not recommended here and sometimes that has worked out badly.  Though not always. 

 

But here's the thing.  People on CB can really turn off newbies here.  Everyone is all uptight and ready to jump down people's throats if they mention anything that isn't 100% "The CB Way."  CV is particularly good at this, and I feel has tried to put me in my place a few times, when I'm asking a question or seeking advice.  It's very off-putting, and frankly doesn't come off as all that helpful.  I'd hope we were here to help each other, which hopefully would look a little more tolerant and kind, and less rigid.   I mean - presumably we've all "been there" where "there" is a bad place in terms of credit?   I really doubt there's only one "proper" way to do anything in credit repair/rebuilding, but I hope we'd all share what has been successful. 

 

I appreciate the CB community greatly, as it has taught me so much and given me a huge amount of help in a relatively short timeframe.  I only wish it could be slightly less - I dunno - contentious? - at times.  I suspect the end result would be a lot more people who are able to get help and knowledge and move into a better place, financially.  Anyway - peace.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Pam said:

 image.png.96d82dc31408bf643b5386b3166d6bb4.png

 

Three words in that image should stand out to you.  They should make it clear that perhaps my opinion is not amateur - that maybe I've been doing this for quite a long time (you can do the math, it's in the header image).  Nice edit to your post, by the way.

 

 

 

Pam, I get it. You are an admin here and post a great number of times here.

I can confirm for you that post count and ownership of a domain name do not always correlate to expertise on a subject. 

I read some of the stuff here and I can assure you that many of you have enough knowledge to be dangerous.

 

If you feel like banning me for disagreeing with you sometimes on the best way to handle credit issues for people posting here, that is fine. It would be sort of a juvenile response and an abuse of the admin tools. But it is your website. If you want to ban the people who volunteer to answer questions for newbies, that is your business. It seems like a lousy admin policy though. It seems like activity levels have already declined from what I remember.

 

If you want to keep gradually banning your contributors, so be it. I like talking credit. I hope you are not into abusing the admin tools for silly reasons like that.

 

Much of the content here is fairly good, but some of the frequent contributors here are often wrong and dogmatic about certain topics. One example is the likelihood of getting sued over minor credit debts. The predominant comments here, from the people with large post counts, that debtors are likely to be sued over old debts is just VASTLY out of proportion to reality. The way some people scare monger over lawsuit risk is just beyond silly here. They are the exception, not the rule and the legal statistics clearly support that. But to read on this website you would think that most defaults result in lawsuits. It is just flat out wrong.

 

If you want to ban me for disagreeing with you. That is fine.

I can tell that the level of activity on this website has declined a great deal compared to a few years ago. Perhaps many are finding other forums such as MyFico or others. If banning people who annoy you or disagree with you is your policy, so be it.

 

And my opinion that the free credit report websites are fine for most people should not be that controversial. I am sort of surprised that you guys are that offended by it and willing to ban someone that has a different opinion over such a minor issue. I have not used any profanity here. I merely disagree with some amateur opinions that I see here sometimes. I am not shy about typing that out. 

 

So have at it. If I have reached your annoyance maximum level. This will be my final post.

 

If you are willing to tolerate having someone who is a regular contributor and gives mostly the same advice as others here, then I will continue. But the simple fact is, I have some different opinions than some of your regulars. And I share my opinions without using profanity and I try to be helpful to newbies figuring out their credit. I enjoy this credit subject. But I am not going to walk on eggshells around here out of concern that the ban hammer is going to be abused by admins. Hopefully you agree. But if not, so be it. Thanks

 

Edited by RocketGoBoom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KimShea said:

 

 

But here's the thing.  People on CB can really turn off newbies here.  Everyone is all uptight and ready to jump down people's throats if they mention anything that isn't 100% "The CB Way."  CV is particularly good at this, and I feel has tried to put me in my place a few times, when I'm asking a question or seeking advice.  It's very off-putting, and frankly doesn't come off as all that helpful.  I'd hope we were here to help each other, which hopefully would look a little more tolerant and kind, and less rigid.   I mean - presumably we've all "been there" where "there" is a bad place in terms of credit?   I really doubt there's only one "proper" way to do anything in credit repair/rebuilding, but I hope we'd all share what has been successful. 

 

 

You nailed it. That is an issue here. 

 

I have a few different strategies that work very effectively and I share them. And a few regulars always seem ready to go to war with me over it.

 

Heck, I don't even share my most aggressive tactics here because it would freak out the regulars. 

I am in my tame credit mode with most of the advice I provide to newbies here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh for fuck's sake, stop writing novels.

 

Don't tell us to "share what's been successful" and "share what hasn't been" and then say we're being mean when we do that.

 

FWIW, Rocket, I think you know enough buzzwords to be like napalm, not just being dangerous.  

 

Mostly, though, my probelm with your attitude is about coming into my house and being rude to me, and to my guests.  Chew on that.  

 

*adding that ......... you're like a dog with a bone.  You want everyone else to admit that they're wrong, but you aren't willing to turn those glasses around to yourself.  I asked you, nicely, to let it go.  And you wrote a fucking novel.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KimShea said:

In my very own tiny humble opinion, you're both right.  You can get more info to dispute using a paper report.  There's more info there.  However, I have never really had any problems disputing online and he's right - it's easier.  A lot easier.  And faster.  Of course I'm no expert, and I have done things not recommended here and sometimes that has worked out badly.  Though not always. 

 

But here's the thing.  People on CB can really turn off newbies here.  Everyone is all uptight and ready to jump down people's throats if they mention anything that isn't 100% "The CB Way."  CV is particularly good at this, and I feel has tried to put me in my place a few times, when I'm asking a question or seeking advice.  It's very off-putting, and frankly doesn't come off as all that helpful.  I'd hope we were here to help each other, which hopefully would look a little more tolerant and kind, and less rigid.   I mean - presumably we've all "been there" where "there" is a bad place in terms of credit?   I really doubt there's only one "proper" way to do anything in credit repair/rebuilding, but I hope we'd all share what has been successful. 

 

I appreciate the CB community greatly, as it has taught me so much and given me a huge amount of help in a relatively short timeframe.  I only wish it could be slightly less - I dunno - contentious? - at times.  I suspect the end result would be a lot more people who are able to get help and knowledge and move into a better place, financially.  Anyway - peace.

 

 

Please PM me any time you think I'm being a turd (to you or to anyone else).  Of course, if it crosses a line you should definitely report my post and let an admin handle it.

 

Unless someone is obviously and deliberately antagonizing me (which is rare) you should only infer good intent from my words.  

 

Sometimes I respond to questions with questions instead of just barfing out answer.  This is just an attempt to lead a person to the right conclusion on his or her own.

 

Other times I drop in a joke that seemed funny when I typed it.  

 

I also jump in with a non-zero amount of passion when I think a half-äss measure isn't the tactic with the highest probability of success. 

 

With that said, I don't recall any particular altercations with you, but let me know if you're ever in San Diego.  If I'm in town I'll bring you some strudel.  :)

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Please PM me any time you think I'm being a turd (to you or to anyone else).  Of course, if it crosses a line you should definitely report my post and let an admin handle it.

 

Unless someone is obviously and deliberately antagonizing me (which is rare) you should only infer good intent from my words.  

 

Sometimes I respond to questions with questions instead of just barfing out answer.  This is just an attempt to lead a person to the right conclusion on his or her own.

 

Other times I drop in a joke that seemed funny when I typed it.  

 

I also jump in with a non-zero amount of passion when I think a half-äss measure isn't the tactic with the highest probability of success. 

 

With that said, I don't recall any particular altercations with you, but let me know if you're ever in San Diego.  If I'm in town I'll bring you some strudel.  :)

 

 

 

 

Nah, we're all good.  I shouldn't have said that at all, and I apologize - I just get frustrated with the fighting.  As for you personally, I've always gone with assuming your intention was to educate, and I've appreciated all the good advice you've given to me and to others.  I think at times your style can seem abrupt, and that might be misleading as to your intentions.  I have no issues with you, though I'd never say no to some strudel.  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2018 at 5:38 PM, RocketGoBoom said:

This will be my final post.

Yea!  👏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Today's Birthdays

    No users celebrating today.
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      175,283
    • Most Online
      1,528

    Newest Member
    ParisBplaychic
    Joined

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.
×

Important Information

Guidelines