Sign in to follow this  
Anon1234

Chexsystem help

Hello, firstly please if I’m creating this topic incorrectly guide me to the right way to do so as im not that familiar with writing in forums as I am reading them.

So im trying to help my girlfriend open a bank account because last year we did the dumbest thing imaginable. We basically tried to scam her old bank TD bank with checks and it worked for a little bit until the checks bounced and they closer her account. At the time of this she was 17 years old and on a joint account with her foster mother. Now the only reason we did this stupid xxxx is because we were basically poor and needed money and didn’t quite understand the repercussions of our actions. I believe the account closed with $2000 owed. We don’t know what became of the balance as she’s not with that foster mother anymore.

Now fast foward a year later to now, she’s been without an account since then and we’ve done some research on banks that don’t use Chexsystem. We’ve tried Chime bank, bbva, wells fargo, United bank, green dot actually sent her a debit card but then told her to destroy the card. We’ve tried capital one also. All those are banks that we’ve found online that offer second chance accounts and don’t use Chexsystem. All of them denied her. Is it because we tried back to back? Is there really any way for to even get an account anymore? Any help or advice would truly be appreciated and once again forgive me if im in the wrong place posting this and direct me to the right place. Thank you all.

3 hours ago, Anon1234 said:

Hello, firstly please if I’m creating this topic incorrectly guide me to the right way to do so as im not that familiar with writing in forums as I am reading them.

So im trying to help my girlfriend open a bank account because last year we did the dumbest thing imaginable. We basically tried to scam her old bank TD bank with checks and it worked for a little bit until the checks bounced and they closer her account. At the time of this she was 17 years old and on a joint account with her foster mother. Now the only reason we did this stupid xxxx is because we were basically poor and needed money and didn’t quite understand the repercussions of our actions. I believe the account closed with $2000 owed. We don’t know what became of the balance as she’s not with that foster mother anymore.

Now fast foward a year later to now, she’s been without an account since then and we’ve done some research on banks that don’t use Chexsystem. We’ve tried Chime bank, bbva, wells fargo, United bank, green dot actually sent her a debit card but then told her to destroy the card. We’ve tried capital one also. All those are banks that we’ve found online that offer second chance accounts and don’t use Chexsystem. All of them denied her. Is it because we tried back to back? Is there really any way for to even get an account anymore? Any help or advice would truly be appreciated and once again forgive me if im in the wrong place posting this and direct me to the right place. Thank you all.

Please try www.fcbanking.com as they are overlooking chexsystems records at the moment. You can apply online and would need to fund the account at that time with a credit card/debit card or ACH through another bank account. I have a horrible chexsystems record myself and was able to get 3 accounts with them. They are located in Ohio and Indiana. But another person from Illinois from this forum was able to get an account. 

42 minutes ago, mckbulldog02 said:

Please try www.fcbanking.com as they are overlooking chexsystems records at the moment. You can apply online and would need to fund the account at that time with a credit card/debit card or ACH through another bank account. I have a horrible chexsystems record myself and was able to get 3 accounts with them. They are located in Ohio and Indiana. But another person from Illinois from this forum was able to get an account. 

Thank you, will try and let you know how it goes.

Unfortunately, she may be blacklisted because of the issues with that bank account. TD Bank may have added her info to several databases that monitor banking. Although a bank may overlook Chexsystems, they may run Early Warning Services (EWS) or other databases reporting check kiting or fraud issues.  Also, many of the newer, checkless accounts are underwritten by Green Dot Corporation.

Chime Bank is usually easy to get. What reason did they give for declining the application?

1.  Get a secured Visa for point-of-sale purchases. I would try Open Sky - www.openskycc.com. They don't do a credit check, and she can open with a minimum $200 deposit.

2.  Open a local credit union savings account with ATM or debit card for any check deposits, or direct deposit. **Reply with the city and state for suggestions.

She needs to pull her reports with Chexsystems, EWS, Telecheck and Certegy to see what's reporting. Send me a direct message for info.

**Yes, give us an update if she applies to fcbanking.com (First Commonwealth Bank).

Edited by tmcgill

10 hours ago, tmcgill said:

Unfortunately, she may be blacklisted because of the issues with that bank account. TD Bank may have added her info to several databases that monitor banking. Although a bank may overlook Chexsystems, they may run Early Warning Services (EWS) or other databases reporting check kiting or fraud issues.  Also, many of the newer, checkless accounts are underwritten by Green Dot Corporation.

Chime Bank is usually easy to get. What reason did they give for declining the application?

1.  Get a secured Visa for point-of-sale purchases. I would try Open Sky - www.openskycc.com. They don't do a credit check, and she can open with a minimum $200 deposit.

2.  Open a local credit union savings account with ATM or debit card for any check deposits, or direct deposit. **Reply with the city and state for suggestions.

She needs to pull her reports with Chexsystems, EWS, Telecheck and Certegy to see what's reporting. Send me a direct message for info.

**Yes, give us an update if she applies to fcbanking.com (First Commonwealth Bank).

Chime didn’t give a straight answer. They said,  “We use a third party system that verifies account, we don't have the reason as to why it was unable to be verified, I totally understand your frustration. We are not able to alter or reset the results at this time.” That was the first email.

I then asked which third party system do you use and they responded as followed, “Paul here from Chime Member Services! I totally understand your frustration. Unfortunately, enrollment eligibility is determined by our security feature and we are not able to alter or reset the results at this time.” She lives in Waterbury, Connecticut and we haven’t tried fcbank just yet. And thank you for your responses. Truly appreciated 

Affinity Credit Union may be an option.  www.affinityfcu.com

Branches are located in Norwalk and New Haven. You may have to travel south to open, but once the account is opened, you can use shared branching to bank locally.

Membership: You can become a member of the New Jersey Coalition for Financial Education or the Connecticut Jump$tart Coalition by making a $5 donation when you fill out your online application.

On 11/19/2018 at 3:12 PM, tmcgill said:

Affinity Credit Union may be an option.  www.affinityfcu.com

Branches are located in Norwalk and New Haven. You may have to travel south to open, but once the account is opened, you can use shared branching to bank locally.

Membership: You can become a member of the New Jersey Coalition for Financial Education or the Connecticut Jump$tart Coalition by making a $5 donation when you fill out your online application.

Nice, I’ll let her know all of this and plan out our moves and let you know if it works. Thank you again for your help