creditmaze

Massive Fico-8 Increase for What Reason?

So I received a Myfico alert of a balance decrease change on EX. It was a Barclaycard change from $1.00 to zero and my fico score increased from 694 to 844. No other changes and the fico info indicates I still have a paid charge off. I find this unbelievable. I cancelled my account with Myfico and can view it up until 11/11. What could this increase be attributed to? Rebucketing or just a mistake? Or, could this be a teaser to continue paying for Myfico?

2 hours ago, creditmaze said:

So I received a Myfico alert of a balance decrease change on EX. It was a Barclaycard change from $1.00 to zero and my fico score increased from 694 to 844. No other changes and the fico info indicates I still have a paid charge off. I find this unbelievable. I cancelled my account with Myfico and can view it up until 11/11. What could this increase be attributed to? Rebucketing or just a mistake? Or, could this be a teaser to continue paying for Myfico?

The only way that's possible is if the charge off has dropped. Unlike a new charge off, a dropped charged off account will not create an alert on MyFico. It's still showing because it's from an older credit report pull. These are not updated until you get a new one. The changed balance triggered the alert and new score and that score will be based on your now clean report.

It's gone. You can take that to the bank.

Edited by cashnocredit

11 minutes ago, creditmaze said:

Wow. That paid CO was suppose to drop off next March. I'll request a free annual cr to check this. Thanks everyone for the input.

Let us know what you find out. :D 

Edited by cv91915

7 hours ago, creditmaze said:

Yes the last derrogatory is gone off my EX cr.

I started this credit repair journey in 2016. At that time my EX fico score was 576 according to the Chase denial letter.

Boy this feels good to have an 844 EX fico-8 score so I will carry on keeping my credit good.

ba-awesome-colorful-fireworks-animated-g

Congrats!!  So happy for you!!