Sign in to follow this  
Readyforthemodel3

Collections claims it's against policy to delete

Basically, I'm wondering if it's worth it to pay collections if they don't accept my pay for delete offer to pay the entire bill. How will my score be affected if I pay it? Collections said the status would become paid in full. 

I'm dealing with Frontier communications (isp) and Credit Control Corp. Corp claims they are a 3rd party and that they do not ever sell the debt and that they're not exactly a collections agency. But they're the one's who reported a past due bill on to 2 of my 3 credit beaurues accounts. And everyone I've talked to there claim that their policy is to never ever delete anything. I asked what if someone is innocent, and their response was that it doesn't "ruin" their credit. 

These are the steps I've taken:

Got fresh copy of all 3 credit reports

Requested removal from experian (deleted) and equifax (not deleted) 

Requested proof of debt twice (they claimed they sent it twice, but I looked pretty diligently for it) 

Talked to 4 different reps and 1 supervisor, left voicemail for 2 other supervisors but never got a call back. Recorded most conversations and stated I was recording. 

Sent a pay for delete letter stating I'd pay the whole thing in exchange for deletion and that my offer is valid for 15 days. 

3 hours ago, Readyforthemodel3 said:

Sent a pay for delete letter stating I'd pay the whole thing in exchange for deletion and that my offer is valid for 15 days. 

Pay for delete worked during and immediately after the recession. These days almost never.  MOST companies have a hard line stance against doing it. Nothing in the FDCPA or FCRA requires they agree to it.

Talked to 4 different reps and 1 supervisor, left voicemail for 2 other supervisors but never got a call back. Recorded most conversations and stated I was recording. 

Doesn't matter.  They have all told you the same thing:  they won't do it.

Requested proof of debt twice (they claimed they sent it twice, but I looked pretty diligently for it) 

Nothing in the FDCPA requires they send you proof.  They are only required to produce that if a court or arbitrator compels them to.

I'm wondering if it's worth it to pay collections if they don't accept my pay for delete offer to pay the entire bill. How will my score be affected if I pay it?

Depends on when you defaulted, how much longer it is supposed to report for, and what your goal is.

Most data furnishers have signed agreements in place with the CRA's stating they will not delete accurate information.  However, in some cases, their greed for revenue may outweigh their observance of the prior signed agreement.

I would ignore the collection agency. Skip the middle man and go straight to the credit bureau.

just focus on the credit bureaus and keep disputing it over and over again.

You wrote it worked with Experian, but not Equifax. Keep going after Equifax. What about TransUnion or Innovis?

Dispute, Dispute, Dispute. Threaten them. Call them. Never giver up, never surrender. It will come off eventually.

Tell the collection agency to go pound sand. Equifax will delete it eventually. There are dozens of valid reasons to file disputes or demand reinvestigations. Never accept, “verified” as a response. Go after it again and again. All it costs you is paper and stamps.

Edited by RocketGoBoom

49 minutes ago, RocketGoBoom said:

You wrote it worked with Experian, but not Equifax. Keep going after Equifax. What about TransUnion or Innovis?

Dispute, Dispute, Dispute. Threaten them. Call them. Never giver up, never surrender. It will come off eventually.

Cool, I will. I can see from CreditKarma that TransUnion never had record of the collections, and I've just requested my credit report from Innovis.

I'll dispute it again after the 15 days are up and keep you posted if I make progress.

Thanks for the advice everyone!