Sign in to follow this  
Jasso20

Should I start with Green Path?

I've read quite a bit about Green Path's services on here as well as other places. Thought I'd go ahead and look into it to see if it would be a good choice for me. Set up a call with one of their experts and went over their services and came up with a gameplan. We put in all of our credit cards, payments, bills, income, everything.. Got into a tough spot after using CB to get me credit score on track, so I am back for a little more advice from the experts. 

My plan would have me paying $620 a month to Green Path for all of my accounts they are working with. 

Right now we are fighting to make minimum payments on all of our cards, both the wife and I have good jobs and good income, just find it hard at times to stay afloat. Wanted to check this out to get that one sum as well as all of the positive reviews from people who have done it. They are going to propose getting our rates down which on a few cards are extremely high to help with payments. I know most of the cards will probably close, but I'm okay with that. My main question is, if I go with this is it pretty trust worthy? Will it help my credit score in the long run? I feel like having a single payment instead of a bunch of other ones and setting up arrangements is just getting to be a pain in the flowers. Any further advice or assistance would be great before making the commitment. Thanks all.

How much time will it take you to get out of debt with the Greeenpath plan?

How much time would it take if you just did it on your own?

3 hours ago, cv91915 said:

How much time will it take you to get out of debt with the Greeenpath plan?

How much time would it take if you just did it on your own?

57 months with Green Path

Probably longer if I continued to do it on my own. 

Guessing that's my answer?

Also was going to try for a loan through my credit union, if that'd be the better option?

15 hours ago, Jasso20 said:

57 months with Green Path

Probably longer if I continued to do it on my own. 

Guessing that's my answer?

Also was going to try for a loan through my credit union, if that'd be the better option?

Step one for me would be comparing the time and cost of both options, so in my opinion you don't have enough data to make an informed decision.  

Adding a third option into the equation just adds one more set of relatively simple calculations.  

This isn't a guessing game, or one of instincts.  Calculate and compare.