Sign in to follow this  
StellaRose

Does this exist?

I'm looking for a gas card for personal use.  It needs to be able to only be used at gas stations and preferably only for fuel.  We're kind of limited on our stations, so something that could be used at multiple brands would be helpful.  Chevron has the most convenient locations, but their card seems to be a general-use co-branded Visa now.  What I really need is something like a business fleet card for personal use (I only need one, maybe two cards).  Anyone know of anything like this?

The closest Exxon is a little too far away.  I wish we had one closer because paying for gas with my phone is the last piece I need to not have to carry a credit card around anymore.  I've seen a Valero around here recently, but can't think of where it is off the top of my head.  I think we're going to go with Chevron gift cards.  It's a pain in the you-know-what, but this is supposed to be teaching my husband to not spend his gas money on other things.  

I have  a card from Discount Tire, I think it is called Car Credit, that can be used at Gas Stations, and Discount Tire.  There may be some rewards on gas, I am not certain. 

4 hours ago, StellaRose said:

The closest Exxon is a little too far away.  I wish we had one closer because paying for gas with my phone is the last piece I need to not have to carry a credit card around anymore.  I've seen a Valero around here recently, but can't think of where it is off the top of my head.  I think we're going to go with Chevron gift cards.  It's a pain in the you-know-what, but this is supposed to be teaching my husband to not spend his gas money on other things.  

Is your husband eight years old?

Sadly, the five year old is better with money than the husband.  And he charges loan shark rates to boot.

In all seriousness, my husband has ADHD and all the impulse control challenges that come with that.  He realizes that he's bad with money and is trying to get better.  Right now we are tackling gas because that is what he's having the most problems with.  

I remember some cards had the option to limit to just fuel. But those may have been just business cards. What about Shell. I remember 10 years ago I had both Shell and ARCO. One of them let me limit to fuel only.

We have a couple of Shell stations.  They are a bit out of the way, but could be doable.   I like them because of the app.  I'm trying to get to the point where I can pay for all my spending with my phone.  I'll look into it.  Thanks!

sams club offers 5% back on gas up to $6K a year at all gas stations in the US provided they arent affiliated with super markets, super stores or other wholesale clubs.

tho I imagine you need to be a sams club member to apply