j7n1o7

Jefferson Capital Systems/Verizon

Two weeks ago out of nowhere a collection account from Jefferson Capital Systems (JCS) pops up on my file. I didnt receive anything in the mail or a phone call so I decided to call them to see what its for and for them to mail me info about the collection.

After speaking with them, they tell me it was from an old Verizon bill from 2015 for $96.

First thing I do is to call Verizon to see if I can pay them directly and they informed me that the debt was transferred to JCS.

After I receive the info in the mail from JCS, I immediately send them a DV letter. Two days after delivery of my DV letter, I get this notification from Wallet Hub that the collection from JCS was removed. The entire process to remove took 6 calendar days from the date I sent the DV letter.

I read in here how they were were easy to delete, but I didnt think it would be that easy.

If anyone has a collection for JCS and they need a copy of the letter I sent, just message me.

Thanks CB!!617206ad2b05ad517f94db097084923f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That doesn't mean they won't try to collect. I would file for arbitration per the Verizon agreement; it's a rather interesting arb clause.  The initial fees for them if it specifies AAA are $4200.00, they'll never pay it. Then you can take them to federal court with a petition to compel arbitration under USC 9, the Federal Arbitration Act. At that point they usually pay you to leave them alone rather than have to explain to a judge why they refuse to honor their own contract.

That doesn't mean they won't try to collect. I would file for arbitration per the Verizon agreement; it's a rather interesting arb clause.  The initial fees for them if it specifies AAA are $4200.00, they'll never pay it. Then you can take them to federal court with a petition to compel arbitration under USC 9, the Federal Arbitration Act. At that point they usually pay you to leave them alone rather than have to explain to a judge why they refuse to honor their own contract.
I've seen you reference arbitration numerous times but not familiar with the process at all.
How does arbitration work? - Thx

I also have a collection for Verizon from them? What letter did you send them?
Check your inbox

Didn't see anything on inbox, can you try to resend it? Thank you 
Resent

On 10/16/2018 at 7:59 AM, j7n1o7 said:

Two weeks ago out of nowhere a collection account from Jefferson Capital Systems (JCS) pops up on my file. I didnt receive anything in the mail or a phone call so I decided to call them to see what its for and for them to mail me info about the collection.

After speaking with them, they tell me it was from an old Verizon bill from 2015 for $96.

First thing I do is to call Verizon to see if I can pay them directly and they informed me that the debt was transferred to JCS.

After I receive the info in the mail from JCS, I immediately send them a DV letter. Two days after delivery of my DV letter, I get this notification from Wallet Hub that the collection from JCS was removed. The entire process to remove took 6 calendar days from the date I sent the DV letter.

I read in here how they were were easy to delete, but I didnt think it would be that easy.

If anyone has a collection for JCS and they need a copy of the letter I sent, just message me.

Thanks CB!!617206ad2b05ad517f94db097084923f.jpg

I would like to have the letter sent to me if u can please. Thank you...styles

I'm repostin this not sure if I sent it right. Newbe here. I would like to have the letter you sent them, sent to my inbox please.. Thank you.. styles

4 minutes ago, Styles1172 said:

I'm repostin this not sure if I sent it right. Newbe here. I would like to have the letter you sent them, sent to my inbox please.. Thank you.. styles

You have to reach member status before you can receive PM's    Just a few more posts is all you need.