Sign in to follow this  
vodder

Cap1: Savor / SavorOne (PC)

Hey guys.

I was just thinking about applying for the Capital One Savor card mainly for its $500 SUB (spend $3K in 3 months).

The only downside is the $99 AF (waived the first year).

I notice they also have their "legacy" SavorOne card, which only has a $150 SUB (spend $500 in 3 months) but no annual fee, and only 3% cashback instead of 4% on dining. It also comes with a 15-month 0% APR for all purchases/BTs which the Savor doesn't.

Does anyone know how likely CapOne might be to allow a product change from the Savor, downgraded to the SavorOne say 11 months down the road (just before the AF hits) or do most card companies not allow you to PC "down" versus PC'ing "up?"

The 1% difference in dining rewards isn't that much of deal-breaker, so perhaps I should just app for the SavorOne from the get-go, even though I'd be throwing away $350 in marginal SUB? I just don't want to have to cancel the full Savor to avoid paying the AF if they won't allow me to PC.

Edited by vodder

For the sake of argument, let's say you can't downgrade.  If you keep the card for three years you've only paid $198 in AFs and you got a +$350 SUB.  By that time there would be a more exciting card. 

1 hour ago, cv91915 said:

For the sake of argument, let's say you can't downgrade.  If you keep the card for three years you've only paid $198 in AFs and you got a +$350 SUB.  By that time there would be a more exciting card. 

This +100

https://thepointsguy.com/news/capital-one-savor-postmates-perk/

TLDR;

Capital One Savor is adding perk of (basically) free one year membership to Postmates Unlimited (a delivery service similar to InstaCart, GrubHub, Seamless). You have until the end of 2019 to sign up for the deal.

"To use this benefit, you just need to charge the $9.99 fee for Postmates Unlimited to your Savor card, and you’ll receive a statement credit reimbursing you. You’ll earn 4% back on the Postmates Unlimited subscription even though Capital One will reimburse you for it, and you’ll of course earn 4% back on any orders you make through Postmates. Not a bad deal if you frequently order in and want to rack up some serious cash back."

Sounds like a great deal. Question is, anyone know if this is only for new card applicants or does this deal apply to current card holders?

It applies to current cardholders too. But the reimbusement expires after 12 months so don't forget to cancel.

The $9.99 fee also earns 4% back. So even if you never use the service...  :ph34r:

Is it possible to PC a Quicksilver to a Savor?

Never mind, I have my hands full trying to use $10 a month with GrubHub on two Amex Gold cards.

On 12/17/2018 at 12:55 PM, cv91915 said:

Is it possible to PC a Quicksilver to a Savor?

I don't know, but about a year ago, I tried to PC a Venture to a Savor and they wouldn't let me.  They said "That's a different program."  I don't know what that means.

7 hours ago, nemo said:

I don't know, but about a year ago, I tried to PC a Venture to a Savor and they wouldn't let me.  They said "That's a different program."  I don't know what that means.

That doesn't sound promising.

On 12/22/2018 at 11:37 AM, nemo said:

I gathered from my conversation with a couple reps that they have people earmarked for certain product lines, and are very reluctant to step out of that established designation.

O