theRbro

Major LUV from NFCU - Auto & GoRewards CC

Sharing with you all a small success story 😀

January '17 I had a 420EQ score, I got good advice here and started my journey. I'd wrote letters to improve my reports and started my new cards last July (secured with Los Angeles FCU & Capital One, Discover) and managed to get approval for an unsecured 3100CL NFCU GoRewards. I've pretty much been gardening them since then, managed to rehab my student loans thanks to suggestions from folks here. My EQ score has gotten up to around 650.

This week I had to find a car loan, and I knew I am still rebuilding and had high usage so I added a cosigner to help get me the best rate on the auto loan. Got denied by two of my credit unions, but NFCU came back with 5.19% interest rate on my loan. After this success with getting pre-approved earlier this week for auto, last night I felt saucy and had a f' it moment just to see if the LUV button would do some good. I put it in 15K as my request, and received a page saying "your request will be reviewed". Woke up this morning to my Navy Federal account showing the limit has been increased to 10K from 3100!!! This is my first 5 digit card ever :-) and I'm pretty amazed and stoked bout this. I thank everyone that has contributed to CB overall, and responded to my posts in the past. This is just the beginning of building something greater!

With this new CLI and the fresh auto loan diversifying my report, I hope I can crack 700 in my scores :-)

Sharing with you all a small success story

January '17 I had a 420EQ score, I got good advice here and started my journey. I'd wrote letters to improve my reports and started my new cards last July (secured with Los Angeles FCU & Capital One, Discover) and managed to get approval for an unsecured 3100CL NFCU GoRewards. I've pretty much been gardening them since then, managed to rehab my student loans thanks to suggestions from folks here. My EQ score has gotten up to around 650.

This week I had to find a car loan, and I knew I am still rebuilding and had high usage so I added a cosigner to help get me the best rate on the auto loan. Got denied by two of my credit unions, but NFCU came back with 5.19% interest rate on my loan. After this success with getting pre-approved earlier this week for auto, last night I felt saucy and had a f' it moment just to see if the LUV button would do some good. I put it in 15K as my request, and received a page saying "your request will be reviewed". Woke up this morning to my Navy Federal account showing the limit has been increased to 10K from 3100!!! This is my first 5 digit card ever :-) and I'm pretty amazed and stoked bout this. I thank everyone that has contributed to CB overall, and responded to my posts in the past. This is just the beginning of building something greater!

With this new CLI and the fresh auto loan diversifying my report, I hope I can crack 700 in my scores :-)
Awesome.!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Nice work!  Slow and steady wins the race.  And garbage store cards.  :good: