CreditCuestions

My 1st App Spree

I could use a little coaching here.  My signature is accurate I am under 2/24 so I would like the CSR although I have the business chase Marriott its a 30K limit and I have a 10K balance do I need to pay it down first?

I like travel points and cash back not sure which is better since I haven't exchanged any points for travel yet.  My biggest spend is on camera equipment and car rental. 

What is a safe amount to app and who has the best deals?

Just app the CSR.

You might want to look at an AMEX business card as well for camera equipment. The upper tier cards offer great extended warranty/product protection 

23 minutes ago, CreditCuestions said:

Revolving, I maxed it out earlier this year and I’ve been paying 5K per month. 

Rewards cards as a group generally have the highest interest rates after retail/store cards.  

If you revolve thousands of dollars even occasionally I would look for one low-interest card for your portfolio.  What you've paid/are continuing to pay in extra interest long ago obliterated any value you gained from the Marriott points you earned from the purchases.

Depending on how long it'll take you to kill the last $10k on the Marriott card you might also consider a new card with a 0% offer so you can BT the remainder.

38 minutes ago, Konrad2012 said:

Just app the CSR.

You might want to look at an AMEX business card as well for camera equipment. The upper tier cards offer great extended warranty/product protection 

I have the business platinum card but it is pain for me to deal with. I can't PIF the purchases I need to spend on it every month and for the regular spend i put about 10 - 15K on it but its every other month and they lower the limit I can used based on the average spend.  So I gave up on that card.  I tried the Simply Cash Plus last year when I applied for the business platinum card I was denied they said I had too many inquires.  At the time I probably had around 20 and scores were in the high 700's and no negatives.

I was approved for the CSR 10.5K. I done it in the branch banker called in for approval had to answer a few questions. Chase said I have a FA on my TU, TU says that I don’t...  but the phone representative gave me the approval over the phone. 

Do I ask for a higher CL now or wait until I get the card?

Should have asked for a higher amount when you were on the phone. Now it's going to be another HP regardless and much harder to get a CLI with Chase. 

7 hours ago, shifter said:

Should have asked for a higher amount when you were on the phone. Now it's going to be another HP regardless and much harder to get a CLI with Chase. 

Ok I did ask the phone rep but she said it was a different department I should have asked her to transfer me. I’ll wait 6 months or so then ask. 

Thanks