bravesfan

Critical Resolution Mediation

My spouse got a call today and she usually don't answer/call back...but for some reason she did today. It was Critical Resolution Mediation. They said they had a judgment and that my spouse was about to be garnished and the best thing would be to settle. We haven't received any calls (messages), any correspondence to our address, or been served to appear in court. The Creditor they said that we owed would have been included in a discharged BK. I called my attorney and they looked it up and the OC sent it to PRA and it was included and actually made a claim during the case.

This guy was threatening to take her license through the garnishment (which I have never heard of). Honestly...my wife hasn't worked in several years so there is nothing to garnish unless somehow they tried to garnish my wages. I don't know if the account was sold to a JDB or somehow they reaged the account. He said the account was opened and charged off after we filed and we have only opened credit card accounts with one bank and it isn't the one they reference. I am not sure the Credit Card company is even in business anymore unless maybe they were purchased by another company.

I am just wondering if anyone has heard of this company and what if anything we need to do from here?

Take the standard approaches with respect to WRITTEN disputes to preserve the rights.

In the interim, confirm with the Clerk's office that there is no judgment lingering. 

Whether the card issuer is still in existence is a moot point given that card portfolios are an asset, sometimes an under-performing asset, that may be sold.  This also holds true with delinquent accounts, even those in a BK proceeding.  Yes, discharged debt may be sold since a sale between two parties is NOT collection activity UNTIL the purchasing party undertakes to initiate any manner of collection-related contacts involving the person named in the account. 

Without knowing WHAT license was being discussed (and not just specific to this case), there are administrative actions that can be taken with respect to any manner of licensure in a number of jurisdictions.  Unpaid parking tickets can cause professional licenses to be suspended/revoked in some States.  Driving privileges may be suspended in some jurisdictions for certain judgments until such time as arrangements are made to either pay in full or to begin payment.  Some judgments can interfere with the bonding requirements necessary to retain some professional licenses.  What can or cannot be impacted is jurisdiction-specific. 

And before the inevitable whining from the usual parties commences, this is NOT saying that such will occur in THIS case.  However, they ARE issues that people need to be aware of because of the collateral consequences to debt matters that too many people disregard. 

sounds like the typical  SCAMMER  who procured your DW's data from a Security Breach 

they can't provide the judgment/ case Number and the court it was granted in, 

tell them to pound sand. 

On 9/6/2018 at 11:53 PM, bravesfan said:

My spouse got a call today and she usually don't answer/call back...but for some reason she did today. It was Critical Resolution Mediation. They said they had a judgment and that my spouse was about to be garnished and the best thing would be to settle. We haven't received any calls (messages), any correspondence to our address, or been served to appear in court. The Creditor they said that we owed would have been included in a discharged BK. I called my attorney and they looked it up and the OC sent it to PRA and it was included and actually made a claim during the case.

This guy was threatening to take her license through the garnishment (which I have never heard of). Honestly...my wife hasn't worked in several years so there is nothing to garnish unless somehow they tried to garnish my wages. I don't know if the account was sold to a JDB or somehow they reaged the account. He said the account was opened and charged off after we filed and we have only opened credit card accounts with one bank and it isn't the one they reference. I am not sure the Credit Card company is even in business anymore unless maybe they were purchased by another company.

I am just wondering if anyone has heard of this company and what if anything we need to do from here?

it's most likely a scammer , if they have a judgment and garnishment order in hand, they wouldn't need to call up and ask you to settle  it's all BS ,  sure your BK Lawyer will tell you 

just like these guys who were shut down 

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2018/09/ftc-settlements-ban-fraudulent-debt-collectors-debt-collection

Global Processing Solutions, Advanced Mediation Group, Lamar Snow, Jahaan McDuffie, and Glentis Wallace

According to the FTC’s complaint, the defendants’ debt collection business model was based on falsely claiming to consumers that they had committed a crime and would be sued, have their wages garnished, or be put in prison if they did not pay purported debts. In many instances, the defendants collected on debts consumers had already paid or that the defendants otherwise had no authority to collect. They also illegally contacted consumers’ employers and other third parties, and failed to provide written notices and disclaimers required by law.

https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/cases/021_complaint.pdf

11 hours ago, legaleagle2012 said:

They appear to be a real agency in Georgia. You probably have a good case for an FDCPA claim, maybe state claims too, I would suggest seeing a consumer atty.

https://www.criticalresolutionmediation.com/services

LOL<  Probably the same guys who are banned now 

think the Buffalo Gang just moved south 

13 hours ago, ICANHASMUNY? said:

LOL<  Probably the same guys who are banned now 

think the Buffalo Gang just moved south 

Oh yeah, but who knows. I can see these clowns from New Yawk learning how to say "Y'all" and "Have a nice day, you hear?"