harmonie

Refused to reinvestigate for me but not the bureaus

I have this one account that was written off about 4 years ago. It's deposit related and it is a true error that is on my credit report. I challenged it and it came back verified so I ask the original creditor to look at it again. They sent me a letter that said that they investigated and will not do it again. It's completely wrong but besides all of that I did include it in a bankruptcy in 2015. I filed bankruptcy due to a failed business in 2015. The last time I tried to have it deleted was last year and that's when I got that letter. I'm ready to try it again and I remember they told me that they will not do it again but they will answer the credit bureaus, but not me. How would you handle this? Any help would be appreciated. 

2 hours ago, harmonie said:

I have this one account that was written off about 4 years ago. It's deposit related and it is a true error that is on my credit report. I challenged it and it came back verified so I ask the original creditor to look at it again. They sent me a letter that said that they investigated and will not do it again. It's completely wrong but besides all of that I did include it in a bankruptcy in 2015. I filed bankruptcy due to a failed business in 2015. The last time I tried to have it deleted was last year and that's when I got that letter. I'm ready to try it again and I remember they told me that they will not do it again but they will answer the credit bureaus, but not me. How would you handle this? Any help would be appreciated. 

if you have documentation  ,  upload that during an online dispute, they have to forward it to the OC 

why do you think it's a true error -  ? 

list out exactly how it appears on your Credit report, and  folks here will take a look at it 

ultimately, if you can prove it's a FCRA violation,  you can send an Threat to file suit letter 

that usually gets them to take a closer look and / or just delete it 

Your post is cryptic and sounds fishy. Please expound about how this account is a "true error" but you IIB'd it. 

A little more info on the error. I made a check deposit into my account and then I paid a bill that was due 5 days later. The bank returned the check and charged me a returned check fee. I asked them why and they said the funds were not there, but they were. I asked if there was a hold on the check deposit and they said no and that they never put a hold on a payroll check so I explained that the deposit was made in person almost a week ago but they had it as pending status. I showed them the deposit slip. The lady saw the error and she called the main branch to have this it reversed and she did so and I should see the mistake corrected in about 2 days but it never happened. When I called back I got the run around and then they closed the account. I took all of my evidence to the bank to have it handled and but I had to make an appointment with the main branch to do so but I was never able to get an appointment due to my own personal hospital stay and later my mom that I gave up on it but it is an error. I filed BK due to a business I put in my name so I included everything on my report, even tho this was an error I did include it because it was on there. I didn't have much personal debt I needed to file on but I did have about 50,000 in business that was destroying me. It's before I incorped and all. Major lesson, This debt and the BK are the only 2 bad things I have. I want to tackle the BK but I need this gone first because it says IIB but they won't respond to me. I sent them a letter and explained. They said no it stays. I ask them to reinvestigate and they said no they will not reinvestigate. so I challenged it and they responded with verified.

ignore the bank. Just dispute it with the credit bureaus. Make sure you check your ChexSystems file also. That is where bank stuff goes.

If the credit bureaus verify it, dispute it again. Find another reason. If they verify it again, then dispute it again. If they refuse to investigate, the threaten to sue them for violating the FCRA

Never give up. Never Surrender !!!