Sign in to follow this  
rslifkin

Do you have to send these things to Equifax...

Hello, all. Wasting no time, wanting to hit the ground running. I have some serious work ahead if I want to clean up my credit.

One of the first things I did was go to Equifax Online Dispute - for addresses. Good, they only had one previous. I disputed it. The box checked was "This address does not belong to me." (They had two other boxes; one of them saying same/similar name, the other fraudulent.)

After doing that, I see a new message - this the ai.equifax.com site:

Next Steps

Please note your Dispute Confirmation Number printed at the top of this page.  It will be required to check the status of your dispute.

In order to process your request to change your personal identification information, please send us a copy of the following documents.

1. Valid Driver's License
    2. Social Security card or W-2 form
    3. Utility Bill

Please print this page and fax or mail it with the required proof documents indicated above within 24 hours.
Please ensure that your 10-digit Confirmation Number is included with any documents you submit to us.

Submit to:     Fax: 1-888-826-0549    or

Mail:
Equifax Information Services LLC
P.O Box 740256
Atlanta, GA 30374
Your dispute verification process may take up to 30 days and we will keep you informed via email on the status of your dispute.

Please note, when you provide documents, including a letter, to Equifax as part of your dispute, the documents may be submitted to one or more companies which are subject to your dispute.

Okay, now... That seems new. Do I have to send them any of that?

I thought all you did was dispute online and it falls off 1-2-3.

Joe,   In all the years you have been harassing us, one would have thought in the meantime you would have taken the bare minimum of time to read the FCRA.

How many more times are we going to play this sad sad game?

28 minutes ago, MarvBear said:

Joe,   In all the years you have been harassing us, one would have thought in the meantime you would have taken the bare minimum of time to read the FCRA.

How many more times are we going to play this sad sad game?

I've actually been thinking about printing it out and reading it. A beginner's post says the FCRA is a big, complicated thing that has to be re-read even by seasoned people every now and then; whereas, the FDCPA is more straightforward. I have two printers now and a whole thing of paper, so, maybe when i organize my room I can print it out. Maybe even a big calendar too, so credit goals etc can be written on it. "Visual aids"

I remember the Dispute Addresses Online with Equifax; I was always under the impression those things did NOT need to be sent.. Asked me all the LexisNexis sourced questions, two were difficult to answer, but I verified it was me. I do wonder if my dispute went through.

Want me to read it all the way through soon? It may be difficult, but, if I find it online somewhere, maybe it can be done. I don't think anything is impossible. I may even have a check that no longer has to go to anything; I could give even more to dear Mama Breeze's funeral? I am very saddened by that event, very much so. No exaggeration.

"How many times are we going to play this sad game?" - I really don't like thinking or looking backwards, so I will say, hopefully never. I have come to a point where I really don't want to play any games.. So, to tailor my own credit repair to my own life, I thought I would make a thread to address. It is beyond my power whether or not as to if it is "Moderated." I have come to a point in my life where I'm not (as much) chasing the fast and good life, no longer want to fight with anyone, and really don't have time, frankly, to re-hash what I can most politely call "old negativity." I think there is a new era here, and I've even said (even in my videos to you) that all that stuff I feel is in the past and even this paragraph is too long.. I have absolutely no intent to make problems for anyone and I think all of the words that I have typed within the past.. I can't think of how long but 2018-forward bear this out.

Life has changed for me, Marv. I still have bad credit. I really hope you and I can come to an understanding that I want to be a part of CB, not the least of which to advance my own credit, but also part of life.

Mom has passed, MY Mom still wants me to get S.S.I/S.S.D.I., I keep telling her they won't give anyone that works or has worked84 hours a week that. I'll answer any questions you may have... Different forum? E-mail? Not at all? I don't want you to think I'm ignoring you this time. Current event: My bird flew away yesterday (evening, moving the cage, where did the rod go?!!!) and was sitting in a tree as of 8A.M. so I am typing this in between playing bird sounds, setting food and setting water in the hopes he comes down. I haven't really seen the brightly colored little fella past the morning, so... These past couple weeks have been sad, yessir.