Sign in to follow this  
creditmaze

Fandom Collections Reported on TU

So I rec'd a fico alert today and after logging into MyFico my TU took a 58 pt hit and a collection was reported. It is by Allied Collections on behalf of Western Dental for $348 with collection open date of 4/2016. I had a collection for same amount on TU a long time ago but it aged off my report without any action on my part. I have never rec'd any written correspondence or phone calls about this debt from Allied or anyone. It aged off my TU report in 2017. I called TU today and and disputed this collection for being timed barred and way past the SOL. The TU guy from India kept asking me if I ever owed the orginal creditor and he said they can report for up to 10 years. I told him I have never used Western Dental in over 10 years and the SOL for CA is 7.5 years. Long story short, the dispute is the account is too old to report. I do not have a statement copy showing DOFD.

Afterwards, I found in my email for 4/26/2016 a PDF copy of my TU credit report showing this same collection by Aargon Collections and the estimated date it would age off my report was 4/2017 per TU, which it did. My question is can I use this old TU report to give to TU showing their own notation that this collection is too old to report?

Disputing over the phone is not encouraged.  You need a paper or electronic trail.

1 hour ago, creditmaze said:

What's my next step if the dispute doesn't go in my favor?

You dispute it the CORRECT way- IN WRITING!

Concurrently, if you are absolutely certain that this is beyond the reporting window under federal law, you send your ITS via certified mail to the furnisher and their registered agent.

TU says after the despute investigation is done and the collection should remain on my cr, my only recourse is to contact the current collection agency.  Apparently I am not allowed to dispute again with documentation?

"Data furnisher" is the entity that reports a TL on your credit report(s).

"Registered agent" is the legal representative of the entity you have served with a summons when you sue.

13 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

"Data furnisher" is the entity that reports a TL on your credit report(s).

"Registered agent" is the legal representative of the entity you have served with a summons when you sue.

Thank you! Where can I find a ITS letter?

5 minutes ago, creditmaze said:

Thank you! Where can I find a ITS letter?

No idea.  I can only know two things per day, and today you got both of them.  :) :wave:

You are so in over your head right now it isn't funny.  You want to do things the easy way instead of learning the WHY of doing certain things.  This holds true with the ITS...which if you don't know what you are doing, you have no business sending.  Cut and paste ITS letters being sent would be even worse than using the phone for a dispute on not just a weekend but a HOLIDAY weekend.  

You need to USE the holiday weekend and read up on HOW to properly dispute matters...

7 minutes ago, centex said:

You are so in over your head right now it isn't funny.  You want to do things the easy way instead of learning the WHY of doing certain things.  This holds true with the ITS...which if you don't know what you are doing, you have no business sending.  Cut and paste ITS letters being sent would be even worse than using the phone for a dispute on not just a weekend but a HOLIDAY weekend.  

You need to USE the holiday weekend and read up on HOW to properly dispute matters...

Do you have any helpful links?

I think I should hire an attorney. If anyone in San Diego knows of a good attorney to address a legitimate credit issue like mine I would appreciate it. 

I am 62 years old, overwhelmed and shaken that my cr is tarnished again with a re-aging derrogatory. Didn't mean to annoy anyone. 

Edited by creditmaze
grammer

11 minutes ago, creditmaze said:

I think I should hire an attorney. If anyone in San Diego knows of a good attorney to address a legitimate credit issue like mine I would appreciate it. 

I am 62 years old, overwhelmed and shaken that my cr is tarnished again with a re-aging derrogatory. Didn't mean to annoy anyone. 

Give it some more time and you should get more advice in this thread.

I jumped in where I could... and my other comments were just meant to add some levity.  That may not have come through.

6 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

Give it some more time and you should get more advice in this thread.

I jumped in where I could... and my other comments were just meant to add some levity.  That may not have come through.

You did add levity and I immediately caught that. 👍

I didn't know what an ITS letter was. I have seen it mentioned for months here but I couldn't figure out what it was or what it stood for. So on a different site it says it stands for "Intent To Sue".

I have placed a call to a consumer protection law firm locally about my matter.

1 hour ago, creditmaze said:

I didn't know what an ITS letter was. I have seen it mentioned for months here but I couldn't figure out what it was or what it stood for. So on a different site it says it stands for "Intent To Sue".

I have placed a call to a consumer protection law firm locally about my matter.

Are they willing to take up your case?

I'm going to take a stab at this since I'm getting impatient on your behalf.  

With some luck I will say one thing so tragically wrong that someone decides it's imperative to save you from me.  :lol:

First, separate in your mind the SOL from the reporting period, and toss SOL aside.  It's unrelated to how long something can report.

Second, on the new/existing TL that just showed up, what does the month-by-month payment history look like?  DOFD is the first month showing a 30-day late before you never caught back up.  I'm not asking if the info is correct.  I'm just trying to figure out what the DOFD is according to how the TL looks.

Third (actually this should have gone sooner) have you looked at this TL on an actual credit report (or even the back door), or are you relying on what your eyeballs see on myFICO?

29 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

I'm going to take a stab at this since I'm getting impatient on your behalf.  

With some luck I will say one thing so tragically wrong that someone decides it's imperative to save you from me.  :lol:

First, separate in your mind the SOL from the reporting period, and toss SOL aside.  It's unrelated to how long something can report. 

Understood. This collection probably first went in default in in 2006 or 2007. 

Second, on the new/existing TL that just showed up, what does the month-by-month payment history look like?  DOFD is the first month showing a 30-day late before you never caught back up.  I'm not asking if the info is correct.  I'm just trying to figure out what the DOFD is according to how the TL looks.

According to Myfico credit report it doesn't show payment history. It says:

Allied Collection Service

Balance: $348.00

High Balance: $348.00

Opened: April 22, 2014

Acct Status: Open

Type: Collection Acct

Responsibility: Individual

Remarks: Placed for Collection

Original Creditor: Western Dental

Closed: No Information

Third (actually this should have gone sooner) have you looked at this TL on an actual credit report (or even the back door), or are you relying on what your eyeballs see on myFICO?

Not yet.

You aren't seeing the full picture with the info that myFICO gives you.  An actual credit report is where you need to start.  I know... pain in the...

While you are waiting for the paper report to arrive, go look at the TL via the back door and report back on the payment history/DOFD.

Next dispute needs to be in writing, CMRR.  Your first one should have been.  :)