Sign in to follow this  
SparkyinCA

How to get Credit Union to Update Credit Report with new Car Loan?

I bought a newer used car on May 18, 2018. The lender is SafeAmerica CU in Pleasanton, CA.. The new car loan posted to my credit reports in June 2018 to Experian and Equifax, but not to TransUnion. This has dinged my credit score on TU because it looks like I don't have an installment loan which hurts my FICO score now that my old car loan was paid off so I have no active installment loans. The CU did not update my payments either on EX or EQ for July that were made on time.

Is there any way to get them to add my installment loan to TU and to update my payments with the others? It never occurred to me to ask the lender what credit bureaus do you post to? 

nothing requires them to report to all four major CRAs.

I have no open installment accounts and score over 800. Put differently, you may want to spend time worrying about other things. :)

Some CUs don't work with TU because their fees are high. So no it will never report there. 

"It never occurred to me to ask the lender what credit bureaus do you post to?" 

I wouldn't bother considering irrelevant things either. 

Got the message...Thx! I'm over it and glad I didn't waste time sitting on hold with the CU customer service.

Ain't nobody got time for that.. :) I'd much prefer riding around in the Mercedes. It's an awesome car and thanks to many folks on CreditBoards, my great credit scores now allow me to drive such a beautiful car.