Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Law Offices of MBA - medical collection

I have two collections that popped up in June 2018.  Both are with the Law Offices of Mitchell, Bluhm, and Associates.  They have an open date of April 2018, and it says it's for "Northern Louisiana Medical Center Emergency Physicians".  One for $367 and one for $1,028.  I'm not sure what or who they are for (I have 6 children).  I called the hospital and they don't have a record of the account, but they did have a visit for me from May and they didn't file my insurance, which left me with a balance.  The lady said that the emergency physicians bill separately and gave me a number to call.  I called them to let them know that I have insurance that they obviously didn't bill, and this lady told me that I should call and talk to the collection agency directly because they don't keep the information after they send it to the agency for collection.  I know to NEVER call the collection agency, and I've sent them a validation letter because I don't even know who received the health care.  How do I get them to file on my insurance - a collection agency won't go back and do that, will they?  In this case, should I call?

Get your EOMBs ( explanation of medical benefits) from your insurance. Look to see if the accounts were submitted or not. If not get a statement from your insurance that you were covered- or a copy of an EOMB for the hospital charges that WERE paid. Meantime follow the guides;

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

https://whychat.me/GUIDE HIPAA PROGRAM.html

Send the initial dispute letter to the CRAs

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

At the same time, once you have your EOMBs IF the Dr.'s did not submit their billing send the Dr.'s office this;

https://whychat.me/hipltr.html

use insert "b" 2 with a copy of your insurance documents

I'm not even sure whether the accounts were for myself or my children because the CA hasn't answered my DV.  So, I don't know what to tell the insurance company when I call (dates of service, etc).  As soon as they send me some info, IF they send me some info, I'll call the insurance company. Thank you!

4 hours ago, nursewithbadcredit said:

I'm not even sure whether the accounts were for myself or my children because the CA hasn't answered my DV.  So, I don't know what to tell the insurance company when I call (dates of service, etc).  As soon as they send me some info, IF they send me some info, I'll call the insurance company. Thank you!

As soon as they send me some info, IF they send me some info

DO NOT CONTACT THE CA!!. 

Ask your insurance Co. for ALL EOMBs for the time period referred to in the collection account.

So, the credit bureau told me the dates of the accounts. I was looking through my Dropbox for something and ran across a letter sent to me last year by PMAB. The letter says they removed the same accounts from my credit report last year. Same dates and amounts. Apparently, the hospital resold the accounts. Do I have any recourse? Still no answer from this CA (they still have about 10 days). By the way, the amounts were what remained after insurance paid for ER visits, says Blue Cross.

4 hours ago, nursewithbadcredit said:

So, the credit bureau told me the dates of the accounts. How did you contact the credit bureau?? I was looking through my Dropbox for something and ran across a letter sent to me last year by PMAB. The letter says they removed the same accounts from my credit report last year. Same dates and amounts. Apparently, the hospital resold the accounts. Do I have any recourse? Still no answer from this CA (they still have about 10 days). By the way, the amounts were what remained after insurance paid for ER visits, says Blue Cross.

The hospital did not "resell" your account. It was picked up by a JDB ( junk debt buyer) from a data miner.

Have you sent the follow up disputes to the CRAs??