NEW CARD!!!! (SouthTurd Airline)

The last post in this topic was posted 1000 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

35 minutes ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

That card was bad enough with its $99 AF. Now with a $149 AF it's $h!t smeared on the bathroom mirror.

Turbulence will do that in those cramped quarters 🤣

Cannot imagine anyone paying for a card with that airline...no lounge, no premium cabins.  Neither of those cards make a lick of sense...well, at least from the standpoint of a prudent customer.  From a money-grubbing bank that can con executives into thinking it was a good partnership, I guess it made sense...

1 hour ago, centex said:

Turbulence will do that in those cramped quarters 🤣

Cannot imagine anyone paying for a card with that airline...no lounge, no premium cabins.  Neither of those cards make a lick of sense...well, at least from the standpoint of a prudent customer.  From a money-grubbing bank that can con executives into thinking it was a good partnership, I guess it made sense...

The $149 comes with a $75 travel credit but some people target it for the SUB because 110,000 Rapid Rewards points via bonuses and spend in a calendar year nets you a Companion Pass.  I hate Southwest so I have no interest.

"Companion Pass is the benefit that allows you to choose one person to fly with you, free of airline charges (does not include taxes and fees from $5.60 one-way) every time you purchase or redeem points for a flight. To qualify, simply fly 100 qualifying one-way flights or earn 110,000 qualifying points in a calendar year, and you’ll earn Companion Pass for the following full calendar year, plus the remainder of the year in which you earned it."

https://www.southwest.com/rapidrewards/tiers-more-companion-pass

If you aren't one half of a retired couple that frequently travels domestically, I can't see how most people would get a great deal of recurring value from the companion pass. I'm sure there are exceptions

I can see how a lot of people will look at this benefit and decide that they'll suddenly start traveling more.  

But they won't travel more.  On the first trip they'll discover that hotels, car rentals, meals at Planet Hollywood, and wax museum tickets are expensive.

Or they will travel more, and just go into credit card debt after weekends of guzzling dozens of expensive drinks made from cheap rum and served in hollowed-out coconuts, while they sang along with "Cheeseburger in Paradise" and other Jimmy Buffett atrocities.

I've flown 60 segments on AA (~75,000 miles) so far this year, and my spouse has been with me on no more than six of them.  Including connections (inevitable from our home airports), that's 1 1/2 roundtrips where a companion pass would have saved us money.  

But for his tickets I've used the AA miles that we've banked from travel and SUBs, so the trips were free anyway. 

Edited by cv91915

So... the SUB counts towards the 110k needed for companion pass?

The announcement stays 65k SUB: "Customers who spend $1,000 in the first three months after opening the account get 40,000 bonus points. And if customers spend a total of $15,000 within the first year, they get another 25,000 bonus points on top of that."

So 65k SUB, 15k from the spend (assuming 1x category). You'd only be 30k away from >12 mos companion pass.

26 minutes ago, mfarmer said:

So... the SUB counts towards the 110k needed for companion pass?

The announcement stays 65k SUB: "Customers who spend $1,000 in the first three months after opening the account get 40,000 bonus points. And if customers spend a total of $15,000 within the first year, they get another 25,000 bonus points on top of that."

So 65k SUB, 15k from the spend (assuming 1x category). You'd only be 30k away from >12 mos companion pass.

Correct.

It also comes with a $75 yearly travel credit and 7500 anniversary miles yearly.  With a Companion Pass that's ~$390 in credits/yr. 

The last post in this topic was posted 1000 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.