ncnags

Why Chat - next steps?

4 hours ago, Headnic789 said:

Could you elaborate on this 

If you are paying the OC with the HIPAA letter insert "a"

https://whychat.me/hipltr.html

and using the amount indicated on your EOMB that you owe, you pay THAT amount and include this;

Enclosed please find my remittance of ($___) for payment in full of this account.
This payment in full is for services as per the attached EOMB

Please note, my remittance is payable ONLY to (hc provider) and may not be signed over or transferred to any third party collection agency, as this would constitute an additional violation of HIPAA, State Privacy Act rules and the Omnibus Final Rules. .
Copies of this correspondence and a copy of the remittance check may be used for any further actions with State or Federal agencies

So should I not initiate the process unless I'm prepared to pay it off because the OC and CA are still in a business arrangement? 

47 minutes ago, Headnic789 said:

So should I not initiate the process unless I'm prepared to pay it off because the OC and CA are still in a business arrangement? 

Headnic789 can you please start your own thread.  It's going to get very confusing if you're asking questions on mine.  Thanks.

21 hours ago, ncnags said:

All three CRA have verified the accounts.  I was going to proceed with the Medical DV and follow up CRA letters, but I have a question.  I have received bills from the CA prior to sending the initial dispute letter, but the $ amount does not match the EOB.  So do I send the HIPPA letter to the OC with the payment reflected on the EOB, or still continue with the medical DV and follow up CRA letters?  Thank you

Whychat, here is my last question that got missed.  Thank you.

1 hour ago, ncnags said:

Whychat, here is my last question that got missed.  Thank you.

Yes send amount on eob using insert a to OC

All three CRA have verified the accounts.  I was going to proceed with the Medical DV and follow up CRA letters, but I have a question.  I have received bills from the CAprior to sending the initial dispute letter, but the $ amount does not match the EOB.  So do I send the HIPPA letter to the OC with the payment reflected on the EOB, or still continue with the medical DV and follow up CRA letters?  Thank you

11 hours ago, ncnags said:

All three CRA have verified the accounts.  I was going to proceed with the Medical DV and follow up CRA letters, but I have a question.  I have received bills from the CAprior to sending the initial dispute letter, but the $ amount does not match the EOB.  So do I send the HIPPA letter to the OC with the payment reflected on the EOB, or still continue with the medical DV and follow up CRA letters?  Thank you

Use insert "a" but use this phrase;

Enclosed please find my remittance of ($___) for payment in full of this account.
This payment in full is for services as per the attached EOMB

Please note, my remittance is payable ONLY to (hc provider) and may not be signed over or transferred to any third party collection agency, as this would constitute an additional violation of HIPAA, State Privacy Act rules and the Omnibus Final Rules. .
Copies of this correspondence and a copy of the remittance check may be used for any further actions with State or Federal agencies

Wait until you have confirmation that they have deposited the money order and then recheck your reports. If the accounts are still there then send the medical DVs and the follow up disputes.

If they have been changed to "paid" collections then use the follow up dispute letters in the HIPPA program.

I have sent the medical DV, as well as the HIPPA letter to the OC for which I have the EOB.

Should I not sign into my EQ credit monitoring account for any reason?

41 minutes ago, ncnags said:

I have sent the medical DV, as well as the HIPPA letter to the OC for which I have the EOB.

Should I not sign into my EQ credit monitoring account for any reason?

Wait until 10 days AFTER you know that the money order has been deposited. At that time you will be able to see if the account has been completely deleted or if it is then showing as a "paid" collection. Depending on THOSE results will determine your next steps.

Collection reporting to EQ: The medical DV was received by the CA on 2/21 and the CRA f/u was received by EQ on 2/24.  I received an email from EQ stating that my dispute is open.  Next step?  Do I wait until I receive another email from EQ saying it's been closed?

Collection reporting to EX and TU: The HIPPA letter and payment based on the EOB was sent to the OC today.

Wait to see the response from Eq and check your Eq report via the "back door" in a week.

Wait for the results of your correspondence with Ex and TU and check them via the "back door" in 10 days

On 3/8/2019 at 10:28 PM, Why Chat said:

Wait to see the response from Eq and check your Eq report via the "back door" in a week.

Wait for the results of your correspondence with Ex and TU and check them via the "back door" in 10 days

EQ- collection account has been deleted.

EX and TU- cashier's check based on EOB has not been cashed and the account is still reporting on EX and TU.  Next step?

Do you have the green card back from the remittance to the OC ?? If so, check to see when it was signed for,call the OC and ask to speak to their security office. Tell them that a cash remittance was signed for by (name on signature) on (date) but that you have had no acknowledgment and you fear it has been misappropriated.

20 hours ago, Why Chat said:

Do you have the green card back from the remittance to the OC ?? If so, check to see when it was signed for,call the OC and ask to speak to their security office. Tell them that a cash remittance was signed for by (name on signature) on (date) but that you have had no acknowledgment and you fear it has been misappropriated.

Just spoke to the billing office.   The check was deposited on 3/14/19 and posted to the account on 3/20/19.  Next step to remove it from EX and TU?

Wait at least 2 weeks and check your reports. It may be gone-- which means you don't have to do anything. If it is still there or changed to a "paid" collection then you need to follow the instructions in the HIPAA letter program ( posted after inset "c").

https://whychat.me/hipltr.html

EX and TU are still reporting the collection as unpaid.  I will proceed with the next HIPPA letter.  Do I need to obtain new reports, or can I use the ones from last December?

On 4/19/2019 at 9:50 AM, ncnags said:

EX and TU are still reporting the collection as unpaid.  I will proceed with the next HIPPA letter.  Do I need to obtain new reports, or can I use the ones from last December?

If you are SURE that EX and TU are still reporting the account as unpaid then you can proceed to the next letters. 

INSTRUCTIONS FOR FOLLOW UP TO "HIPAA" LETTER TO ORIGINAL CREDITOR HEALTH CARE PROVIDER
ALL FURTHER CORRESPONDENCE SHOULD BE SENT CMRR
1-
Make sure any money order has been deposited ,or you have received a return receipt from your letter if insert "b" or "c" were used.
2-
Send the follow up letter posted below.
3-
Send a copy of the follow up letter to the OC (legal dept) with the cover letter,(follows letter to CRA)
4-
If the CRA responds with verification from the CA or the OC, file a complaint with the HIPAA administration for the OC's , the CA's and the CRA's violation of the privacy rules of HIPAA,and with any available State's Medical Privacy Act administration.
If they do NOT respond with any verification and the account is NOT deleted, file a civil suit against the OC and the CA for their liability for violations of the FCRA and FACTA.
5-
DO NOT under any circumstances, write or correspond with the CA regarding this matter, any correspondence or communication that YOU instigate, while not a waiver of your privacy rights under HIPAA, will impede any cause of action you might have as the non permitted "communication" would have come from YOU.
Please understand, that any CA or CRA now has FULL liability under HIPAA, even if they are NOT the health provider and/or have no business relationship with them. They are NOW covered under the provisions of the act for all medical accounts", they are now also subject to the the penalty rules of the HITECH Act as issued 11/30/2009. if THEY violate, they can also be named in ALL your filed complaints.
Letter To Cra After HIPAA Letter, send CMRR
Use this AFTER you have received the green card back and received verification that any money order has been deposited (if using insert "a")
To Equiexptu
Sirs;
This is a dispute of account information on my credit report, (report #) MAKE SURE THAT THERE WAS NO CHANGE.YOU MAY NEED TO GET NEW REPORTS TO VERIFY IF YOU ARE RELYING ON 3RD PARTY REPORTING SERVICES LIKE KREDIT KARMA
Please re-investigate (or investigate if you have not previously disputed) the following disputed account on my credit report.
(give CA name and acct. #)
Please furnish me with verification that (CA name) is reporting this account from (OC name) for ($ amount) in my name.
I require the identification of the reporting party and the date of their verification.
I require documentation of the authorized HIPAA business relationship between (CA name)and (OC name) and documentation of your authorized HIPAA business relationship between yourself and either ( name of CA) or (name of OC).
Please be advised that this request is being made in accordance with the requirements of the FCRA and FACTA and the privacy rules of the HIPAA and (your State)'s Medical Privacy Act. Please be advised that you are subject to the penalty rules of the HITECH Act as issued 11/30/2009 and Omnibus Final Rules effective 09/23/2013.
Please note that your Credit Reporting Agency is now subject to Federal consumer financial laws, including, among others, the FCRA and Title X of the Dodd-Frank Act, and related regulations including a ban on “Abusive” Acts or Practices.( Section 1031 of the Dodd-Frank Act )
Sincerely,
Ido N Tnow
(Send a copy to the HIPAA Compliance Dept. of the OC health provider(CMRR) with the following cover letter)
Cover Letter
Your Name
Address
HIPAA Compliance Office
OC Name
Address
Re: Letter of (date of original letter)
Account #(original account #)
Dear Sir or Madam;
Enclosed please find a copy of my letter(s) of dispute to (CRA (s)).
Please note, I am providing you with an additional opportunity to have this account removed from (CA) and deleted from my credit reports if you have not already done so.
I have no desire to cause you unnecessary difficulty,however,this entry of my private health care information,on my credit report, for an account that no longer has ANY permitted business purpose waiver since there is NO payment due, has caused injury to my credit reputation,and has left me no choice but to proceed with the following:
Upon my receipt of the FCRA and FACTA mandated reply from (CRA),if the account has NOT been deleted in its entirety,I will take appropriate action to enforce my rights under the HIPAA, FCRA and FACTA rules and ARRA , including the penalty rules of the HITECH Act as issued 11/30/2009 and Omnibus Final Rules effective 09/23/2013. and (your State)'s Consumer Protection and Medical Privacy statutes.
Sincerely,

The CRA letters are sent to the mailing address for disputes, correct?  Do I sign these letters or just type my name?  I'm an not using a third party credit report company, but I will obtain new reports anyway.

19 hours ago, ncnags said:

The CRA letters are sent to the mailing address for disputes, correct?  Do I sign these letters or just type my name?  I'm an not using a third party credit report company, but I will obtain new reports anyway.

Yes to the CRA mailing address on your reports. Yes sign them.