ncnags

Why Chat - next steps?

Hi Why Chat,

I just discovered this forum.  I have two medical claims that I want to have removed from my credit report.  The visit was 26 months ago.  I had insurance, but the claims were paid and treated as out-of-network.  I disputed the charges as soon as I received the first bills from the hospital and doctor.  They have since gone thru a couple of CA, all of which I have disputed in writing, as well as disputing them with the three credit bureaus.  I know this is not your preferred course of action, so my question is, where do I pickup now?  The total for both claims is around $2,200.  I would only consider a pay for delete.  Thank you for your guidance.

Follow the guides;

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

https://whychat.me/GUIDE HIPAA PROGRAM.html

When was your last dispute to the CRAs?? Did you do them by phone or on line??

If longer than 90 days ago, you can use the initial dispute letter to the CRAs

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

If more recent, you can skip to the medical DV to the CAs

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html

and then send the CRAs the follow up dispute

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html#DISPUTE

Did you dispute the "out of network" charges with your insurance Co.?? WERE they out of network?? Do you have your EOMBs ( explanation of medical benefits) from your insurance Co.??

My last dispute with the CRAs was done online and about 30 days ago.  All original creditor and CA disputes have been in writing.

My insurance was obtained while I was a FL resident and the visits were in IN and NC, so I was told they were out of network.  I have the EOB.  What should I be looking for?

Double check your policy. Were the visits in IN and NC emergency visits?? They may have been exempted from the network requirement. Ask your insurer what constitutes "out of network" benefits. What did your EOB say about the amount paid ( if any) and what amount is shown as patient responsibility. There would be a difference between the amount billed, and the amount allowed due to the normal discount.

If NOTHING was paid, ask your insurer why not. Even if it was out of network, they should have paid SOMETHING/

I spoke with Humana and confirmed that both claims were re-processed as in-network in April 2017 (service date was July 2016), with a plan discount/exclusion applied.  Both claims were already with CAs at that time.  Humana did not pay anything because I had not met my deductible.  Humana is mailing me both EOB.  Based on this, what is my next step is getting these removed?  Thank you!

Wait for your EOMBs  if you actually owe the hospital any amount you can pay it directly to the hospital with the HIPAA letter insert "a". Make sure you have opted out and deleted old addresses if you have moved

https://whychat.me/hipltr.html

use this ;

Enclosed please find my remittance of ($___) for payment in full of this account.
This payment in full is for services as per the attached EOMB from my insurance.

Please note, my remittance is payable ONLY to (hc provider) and may not be signed over or transferred to any third party collection agency, as this would constitute an additional violation of HIPAA, State Privacy Act rules and the Omnibus Final Rules. .
Copies of this correspondence and a copy of the remittance check may be used for any further actions with State or Federal agencies

1 hour ago, Why Chat said:

Wait for your EOMBs  if you actually owe the hospital any amount you can pay it directly to the hospital with the HIPAA letter insert "a". Make sure you have opted out and deleted old addresses if you have moved

https://whychat.me/hipltr.html

use this ;

Enclosed please find my remittance of ($___) for payment in full of this account.
This payment in full is for services as per the attached EOMB from my insurance.

Please note, my remittance is payable ONLY to (hc provider) and may not be signed over or transferred to any third party collection agency, as this would constitute an additional violation of HIPAA, State Privacy Act rules and the Omnibus Final Rules. .
Copies of this correspondence and a copy of the remittance check may be used for any further actions with State or Federal agencies

Just to confirm, I am not sending the initial dispute letter per this statement:

This letter should ONLY be used AFTER the initial dispute letter has provided you with a documented current relationship between the Health Care Provider and the reporting CA.

I am starting with the HIPPA Letter to the Health Care Provider, correct?

NO!! If your EOMB indicates that you owe $$ to the hospital because of your deductible, and you have no record of paying ANYTHING at the time of service, then you should pay what you owe directly to the hospital ONCE the current relationship is established.

Proceed with the initial dispute to verify the current relationship between the OC and the CA

Why Chat,

I have drafted the initial dispute letters and I have a question about the account number.  Each credit report reflects a partial number, i.e. 123XX.  I do have the full number from the CA correspondence.  Do I include the full account number on the initial dispute letter or only what is reflected on the respective reports?

Why Chat,

I have mailed the initial dispute letters to the three agencies per the instructions.

I am still trying to get the EOB from Humana for one of the medical bills I am disputing.  I was initially told it was in archives and I needed to send a written request.  I have now sent two written requests and called about five times.  I keep being told that they will mail another one out, but I never receive it.  Is there anything I can do to put pressure on them?  I am no longer insured with Humana.  The EOB is for the hospital, not the treating doctor.  Would the hospital have a copy?  Thank you!

DO NOT contact the hospital. Your account has long since been archived and is not in their accessible current computer records. THAT IS WHERE IT SHOULD STAY!! 

Don't worry about getting your EOMB, if you can get it fine, if not don't worry. It is obvious ( to me) that this is a JDB ( junk debt buyer) who obtained your records from a data miner and NOT from the OC hospital. 

Be patient and wait for the results of your disputes.

Hello,

The EX and TU letters were delivered within a couple of days.  The EQ letter arrived in Atlanta on 1/4/19 and for some reason, has yet to be delivered.  I will call the post office tomorrow, but should I go ahead send another one?  Also, I have an EQ credit monitoring account.  Will this create any issues?

If the delivery information says "arrived at PO" and it was addressed to a PO Box then it was delivered.

As to your Eq credit monitoring account. If you have access to your current report see if the account is marked "consumer disputes". If you don't have access to a current report, go on to the Eq website from another computer and click on file a new dispute. Follow the instructions. You will not be actually filing a new dispute so it is OK to say you will get results via e-mail. This will bring up your current report. ( this is known as the "back door" and you can't use it on a computer where you have logged in to the website on your account as the "cookies" will automatically prevent you from seeing the results of your mailed dispute)

The EQ letter still says "In Transit".  All three reports had already listed Consumer Disputes this Account, which I assume is from my previous online disputes.  Thank you.

Wait another 10 days. If you do not get a deletion from 1 or more of your reports send the CA the medical DV and send the CRA(s) the follow up dispute.

Ok.  I received an email from EX today saying my dispute is open and should be completed by 2/6/19.

The EQ letter was finally delivered yesterday.  I just received an email from EX that my dispute is complete.  I should NOT view it online, correct?  Wait for the mailed letter?  TY

18 hours ago, ncnags said:

The EQ letter was finally delivered yesterday.  I just received an email from EX that my dispute is complete.  I should NOT view it online, correct?  Wait for the mailed letter?  TY

I also just received an email from EQ saying my reinvestigation has been started and with links to Out In or Opt Out of online delivery.

I received mail from TU today stating the account is "Verified as accurate and updated."  The remarks say "Acct info disputed by consumer."

This is the account for which I do not have the final EOB.  It's for the treating emergency room physician.  This account is ONLY reflected on TU.  The account from the hospital is showing on EX and EQ.

Proceed with sending the CA the medical DV and the CRA(s) the follow-up dispute?

All three CRA have verified the accounts.  I was going to proceed with the Medical DV and follow up CRA letters, but I have a question.  I have received bills from the CA prior to sending the initial dispute letter, but the $ amount does not match the EOB.  So do I send the HIPPA letter to the OC with the payment reflected on the EOB, or still continue with the medical DV and follow up CRA letters?  Thank you

On 8/21/2018 at 10:58 AM, ncnags said:

Enclosed please find my remittance of ($___) for payment in full of this account

Could you elaborate on this