Kat58

My husband works part-time, has no credit and doesn’t pay any bills

She needs to kick his hind-quarters to the curb and move on with life...she should have no issue finding someone capable of also engaging in the acts related to adulting...

4 hours ago, Burgerwars said:

I think we need more information here. What's his side of the story? By the way, paying the rent IS A BILL.

That's exactly what I was thinking.  It's probably their single largest bill.  

For many people, housing eats up 40% or more of their income.

17 hours ago, cv91915 said:

That's exactly what I was thinking.  It's probably their single largest bill.  

For many people, housing eats up 40% or more of their income.

What ticked me off is she's blaming every problem she has on her husband. She wasn't forced to marry him. Actually, working 32 hours per week is closer to full time than part time. Maybe the job is so stressful that 32 hours is all one can handle. In any event, telling her husband to get a second job isn't going to help (probably 8 more hours work as a dishwasher) unless she just wants him out of the house.

There are no financial details. Maybe they live in San Francisco or the Upper East Side of Manhattan. If so, him just paying rent is very generous.

I get the feeling she doesn't like him along with this financial issue. This is a marriage counseling issue more than any money issue. 

Anyway, if you ask me, she deserves the situation she's in.

Edited by Burgerwars

8 hours ago, Burgerwars said:

What ticked me off is she's blaming every problem she has on her husband. She wasn't forced to marry him. Actually, working 32 hours per week is closer to full time than part time. Maybe the job is so stressful that 32 hours is all one can handle. In any event, telling her husband to get a second job isn't going to help (probably 8 more hours work as a dishwasher) unless she just wants him out of the house.

There are no financial details. Maybe they live in San Francisco or the Upper East Side of Manhattan. If so, him just paying rent is very generous.

I get the feeling she doesn't like him along with this financial issue. This is a marriage counseling issue more than any money issue. 

Anyway, if you ask me, she deserves the situation she's in.

So does he.

We accept the type of love we think we deserve.