Sign in to follow this  
IvyMgmt

There are more than 3 Credit Reporting Agencies

A few months back some will recall that I had a huge issue with a credit union and with incorrect data they received regarding my name.

Just about everyone has a "twin" out there -- somewhere meaning a name very similar to yours, your social, and your DOB.. there are people who are crafty enough to use your name as well or you name can be associated with places you lived.  I always thought my name was so unique -- but it really is not.. there is someone with my name that is using my gmail and I can't get it to stop and I am positive that is how many things are winding up on Lexus Nexus.. anyway I digress...

Through my research on LN I discovered that they were retrieving data from at least 6 other data furnishing sources.. some so much as supply complete banking info of my balances and when personal checks were cashed through my accounts. 

My original comprehensive report was over 250 pages long -- yes probably close to 300. On about 50 of those pages provide associate with names -- I may or may not have known. However, if I know these people or not they have no business being associated with me personally. This report include the their addresses, husbands, wives, children and many many entries include the last 6 digits of their social security number. I have since had all that information removed.. and are now disputing the email addresses.

However I did promise Breeze that I would give the names of these other data furnishers ( I am more than positive some of them are violating the law, one Data furnisher --  SageStream allowed me to call them, order my reports, them send it to me. Then when I disputed asked for ID.. umm should you not have done that first??

SageStream phone 888-395-0277 Consumer Report they supply certain credit reporting like LendingClub, SnapFinancing, Webbank, and Overstock

Early Warning 800-745-1560 Consumer Reports on your banking activity and transactions, all bank balances, openings and closings and why, if you are an account risk or not, and any banking inquiries.

Clarity Consumer Report 866-390-3188 Consumer Report provides an OFAC Score, if you are flagged, if you are deceased, check cashing history, ACH transaction history, other kinds of inquiries, other kinds of tradelines like WebLoan, addresses, variations of names, phone numbers, cell phone numbers, work phone numbers, driver's licenses, email addresses, bank account numbers, if you receive direct deposit, places of employment, and your income.

Innovis 800-319-4433 Consumer Report provides all credit accounts past present, phone numbers, addresses, and emails 

DataX 800-295-4790 "We are a Credit Reporting Bureau" for the specialty finance market which provides insight into consumer tradeline / payment history." 

There are still a few more I need to inquire about: Virtual DBS (Entiera) they seem to provide email tracking, Infutor Data Solutions provides phone number tracking even your private unlisted cell phone number, Valassis which works with the Postal Service, Acquireweb, SalesChannel, LLC, and M1Data & Analytics, and lastly SpecSprint which provides business associations.

Wow your LN was almost 300 pages? Mine was about 125. Lot of it was redundant.

I can tell you a little bit about Valassis - they are a direct mail marketing broker. So when companies want to send "targeted" postal mail to certain persons or certain zip codes based on income, home values, or similar criteria they work with Valassis. One of Valassis most known publications is the Red Plum flyers that come in the mail. These are typically customized for every zip code or group of zip codes (ie 462xx for all of Indianapolis within city limits)

9 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

Wow your LN was almost 300 pages? Mine was about 125. Lot of it was redundant.

I can tell you a little bit about Valassis - they are a direct mail marketing broker. So when companies want to send "targeted" postal mail to certain persons or certain zip codes based on income, home values, or similar criteria they work with Valassis. One of Valassis most known publications is the Red Plum flyers that come in the mail. These are typically customized for every zip code or group of zip codes (ie 462xx for all of Indianapolis within city limits)

Indy thats great thanks for telling me I definitely want my email removed from these lists.. They even have old emails on the LN.. its just dumb..

Yes I would say close to 300 because they had to send me two big packs.. What the bad thing about it they had my name associated with someone I do know its a positive relationship but I still don't want to be associated with them. I told them about it, they ordered their report, and I was not on there! She never got the huge pack I got... its just so bizarre!