Krish

PCP visit, getting charged for Nurse and others who just join doc.. how do you deal with it?

I am seeing the same PCP for almost 10+ years and lately, he has more Nursing students, or nurses or students waiting to be Technicians are joining him in the room.

Later I get a bill for almost twice for the services, and mostly extra and I my insurance being High deductible, sends those charges my way. I suspect all these extra characters are charging their share ....

How do I deal with this situation? I hate to find another PCP, as this guy is really good.

TIA.

Annnnd Centex for the win, yeah?  Veiled politics is still politics. 

I would talk to him first, as hard as that is. But since you don't want to change doctors, it's about the only way to handle it. You may not be the only one complaining.

Maybe ask the billing office for an explanation, since apparently they didn't give patients a heads up that things were changing.

12 hours ago, breeze said:

I would talk to him first, as hard as that is. But since you don't want to change doctors, it's about the only way to handle it. You may not be the only one complaining.

Maybe ask the billing office for an explanation, since apparently they didn't give patients a heads up that things were changing.

That was in the post I had here.  Unfortunately, common sense tends not to be...

2 hours ago, centex said:

That was in the post I had here.  Unfortunately, common sense tends not to be...

If your post had STOPPED there, your post would still be visible.

But intimating that I have no common sense is not going to restore that post, or get you any results that are positive.  I hid your post rather than lock it, which is our policy, because I wanted Krish to have a chance to get answers.  If I'd followed policy, which is outlined at the top of every page on this site, you'd be restricted from posting right now.

54 minutes ago, Pam said:

If your post had STOPPED there, your post would still be visible.

But intimating that I have no common sense is not going to restore that post, or get you any results that are positive.  I hid your post rather than lock it, which is our policy, because I wanted Krish to have a chance to get answers.  If I'd followed policy, which is outlined at the top of every page on this site, you'd be restricted from posting right now.

Did I say or post that YOU had no common sense?  No.  It was not even intimated. 

This place showing day by day, however, that much like in everyday society, people LOOK to be offended.  There was, after all, NOTHING in the 'hidden' post that violated the policy set forth on this site.  It DID point out that A change in the law is PRECISELY to blame for increases patients see in medical billing practices.  The application of common sense would also be applicable to explaining why the OP has seen the increase that they don't, for whatever reason, want to discuss with their provider (or their provider's billing office.  If I wanted to introduce politics into my posts, I would actually use my little space of real estate in the signature block to do so...    

On 8/13/2018 at 9:17 PM, breeze said:

Next time when I go see him, I will politely refuse any help from anyone other than Doc and let them know they are costing me and that my insurance doesn't cover their services.

I'd point out that since he's charging top dollar in the local doctor market, I want his undivided attention, not to be passed off to some understudy.  No extra people not directly involved in treating my problem to be in the room.

Edited by mk_378